Hans Lenting
Países Bajos
Miembro 2006
alemán al neerlandés
Please elaborate May 13, 2022

Mónica Algazi wrote:

My kind of cat (tool). : )

Why?

Watched some crazy videos about it (tried to watch it), but didn't get a clue at all.

Anette Hilgendag
Anette Hilgendag  Identity Verified
España
Local time: 03:19
Miembro
inglés al alemán
+ ...
Deja Vu May 13, 2022

I have worked with a lot of different CATs and Deja Vu is still my favourite tool. Easy to use, good terminology management and a great user community.

Gennady Lapardin
Matthias Brombach
Denis Danchenko

Gennady Lapardin
Gennady Lapardin  Identity Verified
Federación Rusa
Local time: 04:19
italiano al ruso
+ ...
Déjà Vu May 13, 2022

The poll reveals the problem of poor acquaintance of Beginners' public with this advanced tool, which has been thoroughly thought through down to the finest details many-many years ago, before the first Trados.
Don't worry, you still have the time to catch up on it
Just watch this to sta
... See more
The poll reveals the problem of poor acquaintance of Beginners' public with this advanced tool, which has been thoroughly thought through down to the finest details many-many years ago, before the first Trados.
Don't worry, you still have the time to catch up on it
Just watch this to start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObcGvxPFEPo DVX3 for beginners
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0fIx39W6IA DVX3 advanced

I am fan of good old tab-free DVX2 (everything in one customizable 'hub' = in one toolbar on the same page) though.
It's natively friendly (or easily customizable) to almost every incoming file format as well
Collapse

Anette Hilgendag
Matthias Brombach
Denis Danchenko

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
inglés al checo
OmegaT - filters and features, plugins, scripts, all is free and mostly localized May 13, 2022

Irving Reyes wrote:

Well, seems like Noone uses OmegaT, but it is awesome.

I love OmegaT. Some features: TM is in TMX, there are no import and export to databases; more MT results is dispayed, using of TMX (made by MT) and displaying more MT as source text in another langage.

01 Více strojových překladů = More MT in OmegaT

http://www.condak.cz/nove/2020-05/02/cs/01.html

02 eTranslation - PPTX do TMX = translation from TMX (off-line TM, dowloaded TMX)

http://www.condak.cz/nove/2020-05/02/cs/02.html

03 OmegaT - displaying more MT as source text in another langage

Translation: EN-CS

Displaying another languages: bg, hr, pl, ru,sk, sl, zh (chinese) for opened and edited segment.

http://www.condak.cz/nove/2020-08/05/cs/03.html

Plugins: example - for OPUS CAT = local neural MT in my PC computers!!

Milan

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
inglés al francés
+ ...
Cafetran Espresso May 13, 2022

Mine is Cafetran (in case it was not obvious), but I am amazed by the low numbers in the survey.

Wasn't it free to use for all ProZ members for two years?

Tom in London
Nurettin Ceylan
Eduardo Valente

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Países Bajos
Miembro 2006
alemán al neerlandés
Representative May 14, 2022

Jean Dimitriadis wrote:

Mine is Cafetran (in case it was not obvious), but I am amazed by the low numbers in the survey.

Wasn't it free to use for all ProZ members for two years?

With currently 575 votes, I don't think that the poll is representative at all.

Tom in London
Anette Hilgendag

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Miembro 2003
francés al italiano
+ ...
Trados studio May 14, 2022

Since many years

expressisverbis

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
Francia
Miembro 2007
inglés al alemán
+ ...
Cafetran May 14, 2022

Although I still find it a bit messy, not as straightforward as MemoQ, for example.
Second is MemoQ, Memsource only because a client uses it, but I download the mxliff file and translate it with another tool.
I like the look and feel of Wordfast Pro 7, but it makes me angry sometimes of its shortcomings and the developers not taking into account users' suggestions.
Studio I use but am no real fan of it.
I'm trying to get to grips with OmegaT, I like it using tmx TMs (like
... See more
Although I still find it a bit messy, not as straightforward as MemoQ, for example.
Second is MemoQ, Memsource only because a client uses it, but I download the mxliff file and translate it with another tool.
I like the look and feel of Wordfast Pro 7, but it makes me angry sometimes of its shortcomings and the developers not taking into account users' suggestions.
Studio I use but am no real fan of it.
I'm trying to get to grips with OmegaT, I like it using tmx TMs (like Cafetran), but it's so different from the tools I'm used to that I hesitate to use it for production.
Collapse

Tom in London

Rabie El Magdouli
Rabie El Magdouli  Identity Verified
España
Miembro 2012
español al árabe
+ ...
memoQ May 16, 2022

For me, memoQ is the best. What I would never use, even if I get paid for it, are online CAT tools (Smartcat and co).

MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 20:19
inglés al español
+ ...
preferred cat May 17, 2022

A live, warm, fuzzy cat that is a good mouser and friendly toward people. Preferably a tabby.

I couldn't resist!

expressisverbis
Christopher Schröder
Mr. Satan (X)

Philippe Noth
Philippe Noth  Identity Verified
Suiza
Miembro 2015
alemán al francés
+ ...
Worse than an abomination May 18, 2022

Alex Lichanow wrote:

is memoQ really worse than XTM or Across (or the abomination that is crossWeb)?

I used to hate XTM… until I was asked to work with Lingotek. What is a stronger word than "abomination"?

Denis Danchenko
Denis Danchenko  Identity Verified
Ucrania
inglés al ruso
+ ...
Atril Deja Vu X3 May 25, 2022

My irreplaceable workhorse for over 10 years now. Followed by Cafetran.

Matthias Brombach

Nurettin Ceylan
Nurettin Ceylan  Identity Verified
Turquía
Miembro 2009
inglés al turco
CafeTran Espresso May 25, 2022

It's cheap and the way it produces a simple XLF file as the bilingual output format and a project TM in no other than the TMX format is more than enough to regard it as one of the best in the market. I wish it had a bit more user friendly interface.

[Değişiklik saati 2022-05-25 18:23 GMT]

Wolfgang Schoene
Hans Lenting

Trans-Marie
Trans-Marie
Local time: 02:19
inglés al alemán
Wordfast Classic - Wordfast Pro May 26, 2022

Good to see that there are Wordfast Classic fans out there! It’s a fantastic tool, I never had any issues with it. Their support is fast and very helpful. The segmentation is great. The source segment is on top and you can type your translation underneath – rather than left-right, which is straining to the eye. It is also easy to learn. I like Wordfast Pro too. It is beyond me why Trados is so popular. They certainly do a great job marketing their product. I only use it because my client de... See more
Good to see that there are Wordfast Classic fans out there! It’s a fantastic tool, I never had any issues with it. Their support is fast and very helpful. The segmentation is great. The source segment is on top and you can type your translation underneath – rather than left-right, which is straining to the eye. It is also easy to learn. I like Wordfast Pro too. It is beyond me why Trados is so popular. They certainly do a great job marketing their product. I only use it because my client demands it. I find the interface cluttered and not intuitive at all and the bugs drive me nuts. This means that you likely need support. However, if you want support you have to buy a support plan which is quite expensive. Also, last time I checked, they don’t offer support at the weekends which is ridiculous. As if this were a 9 to five industry with regular weekends.Collapse

Eduardo Valente

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) de este foro
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Your preferred CAT is?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »