Anne-Sophie Cardinal  Identity Verified
Canadá
Local time: 17:09
Miembro 2007
inglés al francés
+ ...
May 4, 2016

Hello,

I am using the SDL 2011 version. For a proofreading project (EN>FR), one of my clients is asking me to work on SDL 2014-2015.
They said they can "loan" me the licence. I cannot seem to activate it. On my SDL interface, I clicked on 'Product activation', then 'Deactivated' my current licence, in hopes that I could just insert the new code lent by my client.... but I get an error message, saying the code should not have any letter characters, etc.

Is there s
... See more
Hello,

I am using the SDL 2011 version. For a proofreading project (EN>FR), one of my clients is asking me to work on SDL 2014-2015.
They said they can "loan" me the licence. I cannot seem to activate it. On my SDL interface, I clicked on 'Product activation', then 'Deactivated' my current licence, in hopes that I could just insert the new code lent by my client.... but I get an error message, saying the code should not have any letter characters, etc.

Is there something simple I am missing? Should I uninstall SDL 2011 and try to install 2014 (while all I have is the activation code my client gave me....).

Do you recommend a way to do this?

(I am a bit desperate because my deadline is tomorrow morning and my client is not responding anymore due to time difference!).

THANK YOU!!

Anne-Sophie

[Edited at 2016-05-04 22:06 GMT]
Collapse

Anne-Sophie Cardinal
Anne-Sophie Cardinal  Identity Verified
Canadá
Local time: 17:09
Miembro 2007
inglés al francés
+ ...
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
PROBLEM SOLVED! May 5, 2016

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL 2014 loaned by my client, but issue with activation! :(((

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »