Emily Gilby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:39
Member (2018)
French to English
+ ...
Oct 8, 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm currently building my resources for translating medical/pharmaceutical texts and was wondering if anyone had any idea where I could find harmonised standard terms (i.e. standard terms across several languages)? So far I have only found the EDQM which seems to provide standard terms on packaging and labelling wording but I was hoping to find somewhere that provides standard terms for medical conditions, adverse reactions etc.

Titia Meesters
Titia Meesters  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:39
Member (2005)
English to Dutch
MedDRA preferred terms Oct 9, 2018

Hi Emily,
for AEs, EMA uses MedDRA terms (Medical Dictionary For Regulatory Activities), see: https://spor.ema.europa.eu/rmswi/#/search.
Here you can find most AEs in many EU languages, including French and Italian, and EMA requires that you use the MedDRA terms if available.
Good luck!

Emily Gilby
United Kingdom
Member (2018)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 9, 2018

Hi Titia,

Thank you! Yes, I found this yesterday, I think it was something that you'd actually posted that I saw when trawling through old forum posts I used MedDRA in my old job and was thinking I was going to have to pay to take the exam again so thank you for this information - very useful

Joao Figueroa
Joao Figueroa  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 20:39
English to Spanish
How to get access? Dec 5, 2018

Hello Titia and Emily!

Could you please help me. I have created an account in the SPOR website but I can't access any content.

It says "You don't have permission to perform this action" when I try to access to "referentials"

Do you know what should I do? I'm translating content related to Clinical trials from English to Spanish and I really need access to the list of Prefered terms for Adverse events.

Thank you!

Joao

Emily Gilby
United Kingdom
Member (2018)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry! Dec 6, 2018

Hi Joao,

I'm sorry, I don't know how to fix your issue! Is there a support email address you can contact?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Harmonised standard terms for medicine/pharmaceuticals

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »