Need advice on signing a contract
Autor de la hebra: Sophia Finos (X)
Sophia Finos (X)
Sophia Finos (X)
Local time: 20:33
griego al inglés
+ ...
Sep 21, 2005

Hello I am a new translator and have just been offered my first job. I have been sent a contract which states at the bottom:

"In Witness Whereof, the parties have caused this agreement to be executed by their duly authorized representatives:.."

and then it has spaces to be filled with name, title etc.

Does this mean I have to have a lawyer sign it? Is this the standard procedure? If I do not have a lawyer, what are my options?

Thanks in adva
... See more
Hello I am a new translator and have just been offered my first job. I have been sent a contract which states at the bottom:

"In Witness Whereof, the parties have caused this agreement to be executed by their duly authorized representatives:.."

and then it has spaces to be filled with name, title etc.

Does this mean I have to have a lawyer sign it? Is this the standard procedure? If I do not have a lawyer, what are my options?

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
España
Local time: 02:33
Miembro
neerlandés al inglés
+ ...
You are represented by yourself Sep 21, 2005

No, you do not need a lawyer. You can represent yourself so just put your details and sign (if you agree with the contract).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need advice on signing a contract

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »