Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finlandia
Local time: 17:47
Miembro 2003
finlandés al alemán
+ ...
Apr 3, 2013

Is it possible to make changes to the settings that would apply every time a new project is opened? I would like to have in Search 75 % instead of 50 %, which delivers complete nonsense matches.
Another subject I was wondering about: When can I "glue" files into one? When I open a project I do not see this choice.

RWS Community
RWS Community
Reino Unido
Local time: 16:47
inglés
Yes... Apr 3, 2013

... make the changes in the Tools -> Options and then every Project will adopt the settings from there. If you change them in the project Settings they are only unique to that particular project.

You could also create project templates with different settings for different types of projects, or different clients, and then simply select the appropriate template when you created a project.

Regards

Paul

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finlandia
Local time: 17:47
Miembro 2003
finlandés al alemán
+ ...
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
I did obviously Apr 3, 2013

Under Options I have set 75%, but the projects always turn up with 50%. Probably because they come from Worldserver?

RWS Community
RWS Community
Reino Unido
Local time: 16:47
inglés
That would be it... Apr 3, 2013

... you didn't mention that you were opening a package. This is essentially a zipped up version of a Project someone has already created so the settings are already defined that they used, or wanted you to use.

The advice I gave previously would only be relevant to your own Projects and not to ones created by others.

On your merging files (glueing them)... this is not possible within an existing Project. But it will be soon.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make settings stick?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »