Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you have a watermark on your resume/CV?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 11:26
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
CVs vs. Ornaments Sep 21, 2015

I've always learned to place as little "ornaments" as possible in my CV, including different fonts, colors, underligning, etc., as well as to be brief (a requirement for CVs in Brazil). I never thought of a watermark as a security feature, though. Nothing against it.

Erzsébet Czopyk
Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 16:26
Member (2006)
Russian to Hungarian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
tender CV-collectors Sep 21, 2015

Diana Coada, PGDip DPSI NRPSI wrote:

Sheila Wilson wrote:
It isn't about image, dressing up etc; it's about security. It makes your CV a little less interesting to those who want to steal your identity or use your CV in a tender application. That's the idea anyway.

I find it surprising that not many people are familiar with this term or its uses.

use your CV in a tender application... it takes ages until a company is sued and/or banned from future tenders but at the moment here a legal process against a company who possibly misused and falsificated the Cvs and signatures of the translators. The word "possibly" I inserted ...for some reasons...

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Of course not Sep 21, 2015

The more people steal my CV, the sooner the whole stupid EU tendering system will break down, allowing public bodies to choose decent translators again, bypass the blood-sucking agencies and return prices to sensible levels

Rant over

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you have a watermark on your resume/CV?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »