Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you have a watermark on your resume/CV?
Autor de la hebra: ProZ.com Staff
Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brasil
Local time: 08:33
Miembro 2014
inglés al portugués
+ ...
CVs vs. Ornaments Sep 21, 2015

I've always learned to place as little "ornaments" as possible in my CV, including different fonts, colors, underligning, etc., as well as to be brief (a requirement for CVs in Brazil). I never thought of a watermark as a security feature, though. Nothing against it.

Erzsébet Czopyk
Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungría
Local time: 13:33
Miembro 2006
ruso al húngaro
+ ...
LOCALIZADOR DEL SITIO
tender CV-collectors Sep 21, 2015

Diana Coada, PGDip DPSI NRPSI wrote:

Sheila Wilson wrote:
It isn't about image, dressing up etc; it's about security. It makes your CV a little less interesting to those who want to steal your identity or use your CV in a tender application. That's the idea anyway.

I find it surprising that not many people are familiar with this term or its uses.

use your CV in a tender application... it takes ages until a company is sued and/or banned from future tenders but at the moment here a legal process against a company who possibly misused and falsificated the Cvs and signatures of the translators. The word "possibly" I inserted ...for some reasons...

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
Reino Unido
Miembro 2011
sueco al inglés
+ ...
Of course not Sep 21, 2015

The more people steal my CV, the sooner the whole stupid EU tendering system will break down, allowing public bodies to choose decent translators again, bypass the blood-sucking agencies and return prices to sensible levels

Rant over

Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) de este foro
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you have a watermark on your resume/CV?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »