Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you keep a record of all your projects (field, words, client, etc.)?
Autor de la hebra: ProZ.com Staff
Elías Sauza
Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
México
Local time: 06:52
Miembro 2002
inglés al español
+ ...
Exactly the same Jun 25, 2013

Muriel Vasconcellos wrote:

I keep an annual Excel spreadsheet with all that information. I use it for billing, keeping track of late payments, and reporting my income. I keep previous years on file, and fairly often I go back to them for one reason or another.

I believe the project history needs to be linked to the payment history.

Kathryn Litherland
Kathryn Litherland  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 08:52
Miembro 2007
español al inglés
+ ...
Wish I did Jun 25, 2013

I've got my invoicing records that could be used to produce some of that information, but I do wish I had a field for field as part of that data. I have been named as a "resource" a few times when my client agencies have bid on large tenders where the translators need to state/document their total volume of work in a particular field, such as civil engineering or the railway sector.

Rebecca Garber
Rebecca Garber  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:52
Miembro 2005
alemán al inglés
+ ...
I suppose Jun 25, 2013

I could add a loop in the excel sheet for number of words, but fields?

My invoicing is highly organized, because I like to get paid.

Otherwise, I have a large folder with numerous subfolders, some of which have subsubfolders. Files that I need constant access to, updated TMs from clients for example, tend to reside at the top of the files, since I use chronological ordering within folders.

Sh
... See more
I could add a loop in the excel sheet for number of words, but fields?

My invoicing is highly organized, because I like to get paid.

Otherwise, I have a large folder with numerous subfolders, some of which have subsubfolders. Files that I need constant access to, updated TMs from clients for example, tend to reside at the top of the files, since I use chronological ordering within folders.

Should I be more organized? Meh.
I can generally find anything I want in the subsubfolders within 5 minutes. That's enough.
Collapse

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 06:52
español al inglés
+ ...
I wonder... Jun 25, 2013

Ty Kendall wrote:

...but I'm sure the US and UK governments do

Thanks Edward Snowden!

If we could ever get access to all that information for dispute resolution?

They're opening a big office in Utah (here in the US) and are looking for a ton of translators. I was actually toying with the idea of applying before I found out what it was.

Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) de este foro
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you keep a record of all your projects (field, words, client, etc.)?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »