What are the settings for optimal term recognition with English as a source language?
Autor de la hebra: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Países Bajos
Miembro 2006
alemán al neerlandés
Jul 23

In CafeTran Espresso I can get suggestions from the glossary:
In memoQ 11.20 I get:
Is it possible to get "verpakkingsmaterialen" suggested in mQ too?

Screenshots in full resolution here.

Rita Translator
Rita Translator  Identity Verified
Alemania
Local time: 14:58
alemán al inglés
Predictive typing Jul 23

If you type the first letter of the term you want to use (so "v" in this case), it should suggest it to you. I'm not sure why it's not being suggested in your last screenshot. You could check the sett... See more
If you type the first letter of the term you want to use (so "v" in this case), it should suggest it to you. I'm not sure why it's not being suggested in your last screenshot. You could check the settings for predictive typing:
https://docs.memoq.com/hc/hc-test/Legacy/Disabling%20or%20configuring%20predictive%20typing%20in%20memoQ.html?TocPath=memoQ%20Translator%20Pro|translation%20process|_____10

Alternatively, you could use Ctrl+2 to fill in the 2nd hit from the results window (careful, if it's a TM match then it overwrites whatever you already have in the segment, but if it's a termbase match then it just adds the term wherever your cursor is).
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What are the settings for optimal term recognition with English as a source language?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »