Freelance Translator providing accurate and professional translations services for assignments/projects for companies within all major industries.
My language pairs include:
- Dutch to English
- Spanish to English
- English to Spanish
- Papiamento to English
- English to Papiamento
- Spanish to Papiamento
- Papiamento to Spanish
- Dutch to Papiamento
- Dutch to Spanish
- English to Dutch
I have in-depth knowledge of Spanish, English, Dutch and Papiamento business and legal terminologies including business services manuals, consulting services material, finance related material and legal content. I am originally from Curacao, The Netherlands Antilles where Papiamento, Dutch, Spanish and English are spoken. Currently, I reside in Fort Mill, South Carolina, U.S.A. I hold a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration, with a concentration in Finance and Management from the University of South Carolina. I also hold a Master of Business Administration with a Finance concentration from Winthrop University in Rock Hill, South Carolina, USA. I have been part of the financial services investment industry for 8 years with the Vanguard Group in Charlotte, North Carolina giving investment advice to Spanish and English speaking clients.
Education and Licenses
Winthrop University – College of Business Administration
Masters of Business Administration (2004-2006)
University of South Carolina – Moore School of Business
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration,
Finance and Management (1996-2000)
Licensed NASD general securities representative (NASD Series 7)
Licensed uniform securities agent state law examination (Series 63)
April 2010 – Present:
1. Completed Dutch to English Survey Translation for Translations4surveys LLC. Dutch to English: April 2010
2. Completed several Dutch to English Translation projects for Traduco BVBA: April 2010
3. Completed several Dutch to English/English to Dutch translation projects for Jai Translations: April 2010
4. Completed several Spanish to English Legal Translation projects for advertising firm, CMME Results: April 2010
5. Completed several Dutch to English IT related translation projects for Vinsys IT Services: April 2010
6. Completed small Dutch to English Advertising related document for mLingua Centrum Tłumaczeń: April 2010
7. Completed several survey related answers, Spanish to English language pair, for ProTranslating: April 2010
8. Completed Dutch to English legal translation for A2ZTranslate: April 2010
9. Completed Dutch to English business related translation document for National Translation Services: April 2010
10. Completed Dutch to English Technical translation project for Summit Works Vertalingen: April 2010
11. Completed Dutch to English IT related translation project for Applied Language Solutions; April 2010
12. Completed ongoing Forex market related Translation projects, English to Dutch; April 2010
13. Completed legal Dutch to English Translation for ISA Vertaal: April 2010
14. Completed Medical Press Release Dutch to English translation project for La Lingua BVBA: April 2010
March 2009 – March 2010: I have completed over 189 projects during this period, in the following language pairs; Dutch to English/English to Dutch, Spanish to English, English to Spanish, Papiamento to English, English to Papiamento. Please contact me for a list of the most recent projects completed during this period. I can also provide you with references of my clients.
1. Completed Translation of two marriage certificates for TG, based in Egypt. Language pair Dutch to English: February 2009
2. Completed Translation of one birth certificate for EPIC Translations LLC, based in Egypt. Language pair Dutch to English: February 2009
3. Completed revision/proofreading of a Teenager/Youth Education program and presentation project for Translation Experts Inc., based in USA. Project consisted of 21,108 words and language pair included English to Papiamentu: February 2009
4. Completed Translation of Dutch to English document for EPIC Translations LLC, based in the USA: February 2009
1. Completed translation project Dutch into English for "A Business World", based in France, of Defense contract (1,891 words): January 2009
2. Completed translation project English to Dutch for EPIC Translations, based in USA, concerning instructions for orthodontic professionals regarding an “Implant Screw” used in the orthodontic field: January 2009
3. Completed translation project English into Spanish for EPIC Translations, based in USA, of a Separation of Service Legal Agreement document (3,003 words): January 2009
4. Completed translation project Dutch to English for Good Enterprise SZ Limited, based in China, of technical instructions/marketing material for Fire extinguisher and Fire Escape Products: January 2009
5. Completed translation of documents regarding pharmaceutical product research study for ICON Linguistics LLC, based in USA, from Dutch to English. Project consisted of 5,299 words: January, 2009
6. Completed translation project for Access Europe (Europe wide) Ltd., based in France, of a Contract agreement between several companies. Project consisted of 10,300 words and Language pair was Dutch to English: January 2009
1. Completed major financial software program translation for FOLIO TS, based in India, from Dutch to English. Project involved loan application software program: December 2008
2. Completed translation of lawsuit press notification for FOLIO TS, bases in India, from English to Papiamento: December 2008
3. Completed translation of documents regarding pharmaceutical product research study for ICON Linguistics LLC, based in USA, from Dutch to English: December 2008
4. Completed translation of press release notification/advertising regarding Trade and Investment Exposition/Exhibition for BE.Translations, based in Belgium, from Dutch to Papiamento: December 2008
5. Completed translation of Tender Negotiation for Mr. Alexey Belyaev, based in Russia, from Dutch to English: December 2008
6. Completed translation of Financial Statement and Legal Property documents for Premier Translation Services Co., based in China, from Dutch to English: December 2008
1. Completed complex railway product for trains for Mr. Harris Couwenberg, based in the Netherlands, from Dutch to English: November 2008
2. Completed lease contract translation for HL TRAD, based in France, from Dutch to English: November 2008
3. Medical translations assignments for TRANSLATE IT (reference: [email protected]), completed three medical translation projects. The projects included translating medical letter explaining arthroscopic knee surgery, translation of complex dentistry work (including root canal terminology) and translation of documents explaining diagnosis of Gastric Bypass surgery. All these projects where from Dutch to English: November 2008
4. Translation projects for EPIC TRANSLATIONS (reference: [email protected]). Completed complex legal documents and contracts from Dutch to English and Spanish to English language pairs: November 2008
1. Translation projects for SGP Language services PVT. Ltd. (reference: [email protected]), I completed two complex projects regarding translation of pharmaceutical, drugs and medicines articles from Dutch to English. Articles included specifically the use of antibiotics and its side effects on patients: October 2008
2. Translation projects for ICON Linguistics LLC (reference:
[email protected]). Completed numerous complex legal documents and contracts for this company in the Dutch to English language pairs: October 2008
3. Translation projects for EPIC TRANSLATIONS (reference: [email protected]). Completed complex legal documents from Dutch to English: October 2008
4. Completed translation of European Mobile Company website for Ms. L. Shell, based in the USA, from Dutch to English: October 2008
5. Completed revision/proofreading of translated home retail company advertising documents for Lingo24, based in the UK, from Dutch to Spanish: October 2008
6. Completed translation of employment contract for Polish company from Dutch to English: October 2008
1. Completed translation of yellow pages advertising terminologies/headings for All Global Solutions International, Inc., based in USA, from English to Papiamento: September 2008
2. Completed translation of Diplomas/Degree Certificate for Mr. A. Remmers, based in the USA, from Dutch to English: September 2008
3. Translation projects for EPIC TRANSLATIONS (reference: [email protected]). Completed complex translation of legal documents from Dutch to English: September 2008
4. Completed translation of legal document for ICON Linguistics LLC, from Dutch into English: September 2008
5. Completed translation of property lease contract for Mr. T. Reigne, from Spanish to English: September 2008
Adjunct Faculty Trainer: The Vanguard Group (2007-2008)
Provided training to new employees for the Business Development Group.
Conducted training classes of new and existing employees for various sales, investment and technical skills required to become successful investment consultants.
Created and taught training classes for newly hired institutional investment consultants in order for them to become familiar with Vanguard’s institutional client and computer systems
Retirement Advisor: The Vanguard Group (2006-2008)
Advise High Net Worth clients on their overall investment strategy for their retirement assets.
Provide advice on portfolio asset allocation, portfolio mutual funds selection, tax implications of such strategies, and rollovers of retirement and pension plans to Individual Retirement Plans (IRAs).
Manage client relationships, by acting as the point of contact for clients, in order to consolidate assets and determine whether additional services are beneficial.
Discuss and analyze current retirement investments, including company stock or brokerage holdings, and provide a personalized report detailing an appropriate strategy, including specific investments.
Enhance and expand financial planning knowledge through completion of continuing education classes, seminars, trainings, market overviews and fund manager presentations.
o Year to date (2008), attracted $25 million in new assets
o Attracted $58 million in new assets during 2007.
New Business Consultant: The Vanguard Group (2005 – 2006)
Assisted clients in consolidating non-retirement and retirement assets and position appropriate advisory services based on clients’ needs.
Act as a point of contact for clients, in order to secure consolidation of their assets with Vanguard.
Trained new associates on Vanguard’s policies and procedures regarding daily work activities as well as Vanguard’s code of conduct and ethical standards.
o Attracted $60 million in new assets during 2005/2006.
High Net worth Portfolio Relationship Manager: The Vanguard Group
Maintained accounts for clients with mutual fund and brokerage assets between $250,000 and $1 million.
Researched and analyzed tax legislation as it pertained to Vanguard in addition to troubleshooting client account disputes and inquiries.
Built and cultivated long-term client relationships by taking a proactive approach when assisting clients, through the cross-selling of financial products and services.
Stayed current with updates to fund policies, services, NASD requirements, and necessary laws and industry trends.
Oral and written fluency in Spanish, English, Dutch and Papiamento