Autor de la hebra: Denis Kiselev
Denis Kiselev
Denis Kiselev
Federación Rusa
Local time: 13:40
inglés al ruso
+ ...
Jul 29, 2004

I have a text all in capital letters, put into a table in an .rtf document. I'm using Word 2000. The text contains many one- and two-word sentences (like: NIGHT. STREET. LAMPPOST. PHARMACY. DIM LIGHT.)

When I try to open a sentence for translation (Open/get command) TRADOS selects the whole table cell, even though it contains several sentences (each ending with a period) and there is a rule in TRADOS settings to stop after a period.

What can be done?

Tadzio (X)
Tadzio (X)
inglés al español
Spacing bar after period... Jul 29, 2004

It also happened to me, and I found out that there was an "Enter" key missing or many spaces between periods.
Example:
WORD. (There are two or more spaces here; pass the cursor over the spaces and press once the bar spacing) SECOND WORD. (Press either the "Enter" key or the spacing bar.)
Try it that way, and I hope this helps.
Tadzio.

[Edited at 2004-07-29 20:21]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS 5.0 freelance doesn't stop after period

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »