Poll: When I travel to a foreign country, it's generally to
Autor de la hebra: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
PERSONAL DEL SITIO
Dec 23, 2007

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "When I travel to a foreign country, it's generally to".

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629

Jonathan Spector
Jonathan Spector  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 19:49
hebreo al inglés
Vote for one only? Dec 23, 2007

Whether I go on vacation to visit family, or go abroad for an extended period to experience living in another country, I take my laptop and work. Sometimes I do only light editing, others I work on a book. Nothing overwhelming though. I can always divide my time between work and pleasure.

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
México
Local time: 10:49
Miembro 2006
inglés al español
+ ...
The best country in the world. Dec 24, 2007

Cheap gasoline to go to the best Caribbean beaches, beautiful girls, great rum and cigars, delicious food with Italian, Spanish, Chinese and Portuguese influence, cold mountains where The Andes begin, high temperatures in Puerto La Cruz, the Orinoco River, the Angel falls and thick forests in the southern states of Amazonas and Bolívar, where you can jump in to Brazil.... Los Roques, Margarita Island....

Perfection is possible: Venezuela.

Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 12:49
Miembro 2004
español al inglés
+ ...
These are mutually exclusive options? Dec 24, 2007

I voted "other."

AZjuancarlos
AZjuancarlos
Local time: 09:49
inglés al español
+ ...
I also voted other Dec 24, 2007

Other for me, as I try to combine work (as much as possible) with vacation and visiting family and/or friends. At least I try to squeeze a few extra days to go sightseen.

Joeri Van Liefferinge
Joeri Van Liefferinge  Identity Verified
Bélgica
Local time: 18:49
inglés al neerlandés
+ ...
To go diving... Dec 25, 2007

...in the Netherlands, almost every weekend.

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 09:49
Miembro 2003
español al inglés
+ ...
Is a conference considered a vacation? Dec 28, 2007

I like to attend seminars and conferences on topics that interest me. That's what gets me to pack my bags the quickest!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) de este foro
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: When I travel to a foreign country, it's generally to

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »