Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2 3 4 5]
0.03 rush rate + over 100 great BlueBoard reviews???
Autor de la hebra: Jeff Whittaker
Bernhard Sulzer
Bernhard Sulzer  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 07:22
inglés al alemán
+ ...
Keeping translators informed Apr 10, 2015

It seems to me it's a good idea to keep these discussions going just so everybody in the profession learns more about what's really going on.

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
Local time: 12:22
Miembro 2014
japonés al inglés
These discussions are a useful resource Apr 10, 2015

Bernhard Sulzer wrote:
It seems to me it's a good idea to keep these discussions going just so everybody in the profession learns more about what's really going on.

I disagree with many of your arguments Bernhard - which is probably no bad thing for either of us - but I agree with you on this.

In other threads I have previously commented that the lack of a good price discovery mechanism is the major disadvantage faced by translators (who generally act alone) compared to agencies (who interact with dozens or hundreds of translators).

Lack of information leaves inexperienced translators unsure sure what to charge and experienced translators struggling to track changes in pricing caused by surges in demand or supply.

Talking about it at least helps people understand what translators in what - for the sake of argument - I shall call the middle to high end of the market consider to be "low rates", even if those same "low rates" are lucrative for some translators.

Dan

Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

0.03 rush rate + over 100 great BlueBoard reviews???

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »