Working at standing desk
Thread poster: Toon Theuwis (X)
Elizabeth Tamblin
Elizabeth Tamblin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:53
French to English
Dogs aren't necessarily a solution... Sep 13, 2016

Dogs are adorable, but don't necessarily give you a good walk. We've got two small dawgs, who do not wish to stride out purposefully. They want to dawdle, sniff at hedges, stop and say hello to everyone they meet, etc. So, I think I'm actually getting less meaningful exercise now that I have them. I really need to go for a walk separately, so that I can stride out properly. Or use that elliptical trainer I've got gathering dust in a corner...

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:53
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Every day Sep 14, 2016

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer wrote:

Having taken your advice, I am now off to the beach for 1 hour or so (maybe 2), with my baby girl and wife. No dog, as he's not allowed on the beach in Hastings in the summer months. I will, however, have to catch up this evening, and work late (when it hopefully cools down a bit).

Michael

OK Michael but that sounds suspiciously like "oh, good idea; I'll do that today".

You have to do it *every* day.

Toon Theuwis (X)
Toon Theuwis (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 10:53
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yoga with Chloe Sep 14, 2016

Thank you for al the replies. I find this topic very interesting. Never would have thought it would generate so many replies.

After all these replies I have abandoned the standing desk and am trying to pay more attention to body movement.

I even discovered that SDL has many videos on yoga for translators on its youtube channel. Can't say SDL is only working on software...

Schermafbeelding 2016-09-14 om 21.28.59

I hope this topic can continue for some time.

Toon

[Edited at 2016-09-14 19:36 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Working at standing desk

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »