Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9]
Research project on Agricultural reforms in EU translation scam - Marie Stephens
Autor de la hebra: Lauriane Duran-Pauleau
Peter Dahm Robertson
Peter Dahm Robertson  Identity Verified
Alemania
Local time: 00:13
Miembro 2022
alemán al inglés
+ ...
New Scammer Name: Amanda Hasselman May 19, 2023

The same scammer (I assume) is on the prowl again, this time under the guise of one Amanda Hasselman. Another gmail account (amandahasselman34), same inquiry, same project docx file, same agricultural text.

Yep, I have an Amanda Hasselman in my inbox too—extremely hesitant to give me details about what the final translation will be used for. (This is another red flag: Why is a private person without university or institutional affiliation looking to have a large report translated, but unwilling to say what the translation is for?)

Thank you Yannick for posting!

bsommers
Anastasia Kalantzi

bsommers
bsommers
Estados Unidos
español al inglés
Same scam new name Jun 22, 2023

I just received an email recently from Amanda Hasselman as well ([email protected]). Based on the last two posts in this thread, sounds like it's a scam (which I thought right from the beginning anyways.) This was an agricultural text as well. It's unfortunate how people try to scam us freelancers.

Have a good rest of the week everyone,
Bri

Anastasia Kalantzi

Aviva Shimshon
Aviva Shimshon
Estados Unidos
Local time: 18:13
francés al inglés
+ ...
Scammer reached out to me Jun 30, 2023

I also received an email from “Amanda Hasselman”, [email protected].

The same tactics and verbiage were used as previously discussed in this thread. They’re still at it!!!

They’re also incredibly persistent and continue emailing, as I see in my spam folder.

It’s disheartening to realize you’re dealing with a scammer especially when you’ve been working hard at finding t
... See more
I also received an email from “Amanda Hasselman”, [email protected].

The same tactics and verbiage were used as previously discussed in this thread. They’re still at it!!!

They’re also incredibly persistent and continue emailing, as I see in my spam folder.

It’s disheartening to realize you’re dealing with a scammer especially when you’ve been working hard at finding translation work, earning a living, etc.
Collapse

Michelle Zanni

Michelle Zanni
Michelle Zanni
Francia
Miembro 2023
francés al inglés
They're still at it Jul 25, 2023

Hello all,

I am so glad I did the research before sending any details... This scammer is still at it and just contacted me under the name Marina O'Toole. They accepted my quote and offered to pay 50% upfront and 50% afterwards.

Same text on Agricultural Reforms. Same email format. They didn't offer any details when I asked for more information.

Please be aware! I will be reporting this. I am bummed that I won't be getting the money I thought I'd be gettin
... See more
Hello all,

I am so glad I did the research before sending any details... This scammer is still at it and just contacted me under the name Marina O'Toole. They accepted my quote and offered to pay 50% upfront and 50% afterwards.

Same text on Agricultural Reforms. Same email format. They didn't offer any details when I asked for more information.

Please be aware! I will be reporting this. I am bummed that I won't be getting the money I thought I'd be getting.

Stay safe everyone.
Collapse

Anastasia Kalantzi

Stefanie Thiessen
Stefanie Thiessen
Francia
inglés al alemán
+ ...
Same scam Jul 25, 2023

They reached out to me a few days ago. Same document, same wording.
They are using the name Marina O'Toole again (see January this year).

According to my research, Marina O'Toole is a translator here on proz, as well as Yohan Cernik, the author of the document.
So, be careful, they are using the names of actual translators here on this platform!!!

Agnieszka Q
Anastasia Kalantzi

Anastasia Kalantzi
Anastasia Kalantzi  Identity Verified
Grecia
Local time: 01:13
Miembro 2021
francés al griego
+ ...
THOMAS KOPPER : THE BIGGEST SCAMMER Jun 7

ALERT! TOWARDS FREELANCE TRANSLATORS!
Please don't accept any work sent by THOMAS KOPPER from Quest Query (questquerynet.com) He is a scammer!
That's right! It happened to me within the past 10 days about another.. professional ''Agent'' going by the fake name of THOMAS KOPPER! By proposing to me a project of 91 pages related to an Agricultural study from English to French for the amount of... 3000 pounds and right after my request for the appropriate P.O, he dared to raise the amoun
... See more
Please don't accept any work sent by THOMAS KOPPER from Quest Query (questquerynet.com) He is a scammer!
That's right! It happened to me within the past 10 days about another.. professional ''Agent'' going by the fake name of THOMAS KOPPER! By proposing to me a project of 91 pages related to an Agricultural study from English to French for the amount of... 3000 pounds and right after my request for the appropriate P.O, he dared to raise the amount to...5.600 pounds! DON'T EVER ACCEPT ANY ''PROJECT'' FROM QUESTQUERYNET.COM, especially by someone using the fake name of THOMAS KOPPER.
Collapse

Conchita Conigliaro

Conchita Conigliaro
Conchita Conigliaro  Identity Verified
Italia
Miembro 2005
inglés al italiano
+ ...
Giovanni Bruno - Quest Query (questquerynet.com) Jun 10

Anastasia Kalantzi wrote:

That's right! It happened to me within the past 10 days about another.. professional ''Agent'' going by the fake name of THOMAS KOPPER! By proposing to me a project of 91 pages related to an Agricultural study from English to French for the amount of... 3000 pounds and right after my request for the appropriate P.O, he dared to raise the amount to...5.600 pounds! DON'T EVER ACCEPT ANY ''PROJECT'' FROM QUESTQUERYNET.COM, especially by someone using the fake name of THOMAS KOPPER.

I received a job proposal from Giovanni Bruno (Quest Query - questquerynet.com), He proposed a job of 200 pages but in the end, I should have to pay a certain amount to receive the money. Be aware! They are scammers!
I suppose they give different names and create different fake sites to deceive people.

Anastasia Kalantzi

Anastasia Kalantzi
Grecia
Miembro 2021
francés al griego
+ ...
WE ALL HAVE TO BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL! Jun 10

Conchita Conigliaro wrote:

I received a job proposal from Giovanni Bruno (Quest Query - questquerynet.com), He proposed a job of 200 pages but in the end, I should have to pay a certain amount to receive the money. Be aware! They are scammers!
I suppose they give different names and create different fake sites to deceive people.

My dear friend, things are just as you say it is even worse.
I have to tell you that it was the first time he fell into such a big con man and I was wrong, from the shock I got I forgot, it wasn't 91 pages, it was 190 pages! In fact, he had told me that in order to get a part of advance payment as I should normally get and I asked for it so that I could start translating, from the final amount of £5600 he had told me,.. where everyone is trying to reduce prices and he was always raising it! [in the meantime I had already figured out that he is a con man! Because we have one of our wise Greek proverbs that says "Wherever you hear a lot of cherries, keep a small basket!"], it finally tells me that I must finish in 4 days 30% of the text, ie 57 pages, and in the end the repayment of the amount. And he sends me the following form, which was composed just like being made by... my grandmother, as... proof of a Purchase Order! And in which it is not even mentioned that he wanted a translation from... English to French! Well, they think we're as stupid as you can imagine! I cite the so-called book-study for translation as well as the so-called Purchase Order that he told me and waited for it to be believed by me! Yours sincerely, wishing you all the best.
We should all watch our every step, that's all I'm saying.

[Έγινε επεξεργασία στις 2024-06-11 08:53 GMT]

[Έγινε επεξεργασία στις 2024-06-11 08:55 GMT]

Anastasia Kalantzi
Grecia
Miembro 2021
francés al griego
+ ...
Evidential documents Jun 10

Conchita Conigliaro wrote:

My dear friend, things are just as you say it is even worse.
I have to tell you that it was the first time he fell into such a big con man and I was wrong, from the shock I got I forgot, it wasn't 91 pages, it was 190 pages! In fact, he had told me that in order to get a part of advance payment as I should normally get and I asked for it so that I could start translating, from the final amount of £5600 he had told me,.. where everyone is trying to reduce prices and he was always raising it! [in the meantime I had already figured out that he is a con man! Because we have one of our wise Greek proverbs that says "Wherever you hear a lot of cherries, keep a small basket!"], it finally tells me that I must finish in 4 days 30% of the text, ie 57 pages, and in the end the repayment of the amount. And he sends me the following form, which is made by my grandmother, as... proof of a Purchase Order! And in which it is not even mentioned that he wanted a translation from... English to French! Well, they think we're as stupid as you can imagine! I cite the so-called book-study for translation as well as the so-called Purchase Order that he told me and waited for it to be believed by me! Yours sincerely and sincerely. We should all watch our every step, that's all I'm saying.

I attach the two files, the alleged study for translation of 190 pages, but also the pseudo-Purchase Order, but they couldn't be possibly uploaded in here so easily, and we all know why, I will try again in another way. Thank you.
Finally, I copied and pasted right here and now the purported as P.O. for you to check it out and tell me if I am so wrong or not at all indeed...]
QUESTQUERYNET PURCHASE ORDER
681210 Via House, 26C Hazel Road, Southampton, Hampshire, SO19 7GA, UK
[email protected]
[email protected]
PO NUMBER # QQN2024-10900
Date: 30/5/2024
PURCHASE ORDER FOR:
Anastasia Kalantzi
Translator & Proofreader
[email protected]
Phone number:
Address:
Due Date: 12/06/2024
Title Document length Translation Style Due date
Immediate Translation Project
Opportunity: Agricultural
Document
57,069 words Precision, clarity, and
alignment with target
audience needs
June 12th 2024
Deliverables:
- Translated Document: Accurate translation of the full document
- Quality Check: Thorough review to ensure translation accuracy
Timeline:
- Initial translations due within 14 days
- Final submissions expected by June 12th, 2024
Cost Breakdown:
Item Unit Price (£) Quantity Total (£)
Translation £5,600 (FIXED) 57,069 £5,600
Additional Guidance:
- Emphasize precision and clarity in translations
- Ensure organized and accessible document format
- Follow outlined timeline for deliverables
Subtotal £5,600
Sales Tax ( VAT
21%)
Total £5,600
Please confirm your acceptance of this Purchase Order by signing and returning it to our company email address
([email protected], [email protected] ). Upon receipt of your acceptance, we will proceed with the
project as outlined.
Thank you for your cooperation. Feel free to reach out with any questions or for further clarification.
Sincerely,
Thomas Coppel
Project Manager
QuestQueryNe

[Έγινε επεξεργασία στις 2024-06-10 16:16 GMT]

[Έγινε επεξεργασία στις 2024-06-11 08:59 GMT]

Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) de este foro
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Research project on Agricultural reforms in EU translation scam - Marie Stephens

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »