Gyula Erdesz
Hungría
Local time: 23:21
Miembro 2009
inglés al húngaro
+ ...
Jul 21, 2014

Dear colleagues,

In the last couple of years I processed Transit NXT projects with memoQ. I am fiddling with Deja Vu X3 at the moment and am happy to see that Deja Vu also able to handle such files. However, as far as I see, it does not import the Transit reference files in the project TM, so it seems a "half-baked" solution from Atril.

I am wondering if you can suggest me the best practice to handle .ppf package files in Deja Vu X3, including references.

... See more
Dear colleagues,

In the last couple of years I processed Transit NXT projects with memoQ. I am fiddling with Deja Vu X3 at the moment and am happy to see that Deja Vu also able to handle such files. However, as far as I see, it does not import the Transit reference files in the project TM, so it seems a "half-baked" solution from Atril.

I am wondering if you can suggest me the best practice to handle .ppf package files in Deja Vu X3, including references.

All inputs and comments are welcome.

Regards,

Gyula
Collapse

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Países Bajos
Reference files are normal language pairs Jul 21, 2014

Reference files are normal language pairs, have a look here:

http://cafetranhelp.com/using-legacy-translations-in-transit-projects

Gyula Erdesz
Gyula Erdesz
Hungría
Miembro 2009
inglés al húngaro
+ ...
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
any other solutions? Jul 21, 2014

Hello,

Thanks for your input. I am aware that transit references are file pairs that you can align, but I am looking for a more straightforward solution. Just like in memoQ, where you are asked during the .ppf import if the references should be transferred to the mQ project memory.

Is it possible in Deja Vu?

Regards,

Gyula

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) de este foro
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deja Vu x3 and Transit NXT .ppf packages

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »