India
Local time: 09:38
Member (2007)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Problem With adding or making new TM Nov 17, 2015

Samuel Murray wrote:

Natalie wrote:
I have installed WF4 and ... found no way to simply open a legacy TXML file. ... Having the "File - Open TXML" option is a must for the new version.

WFP4 supports drag and dropping of TXML files. If a project view is open, and you drag and drop a TXML file onto WFP4, WFP4 will attempt to add the TXML file to that project. If no project view is open (i.e. even if a project is open, but you're not currently in a view of that project), WFP4 will start the project creation wizard with your TXML file.

Unfortunately WFP4 is project-based, which means that all translatable files must be part of a "project" and reside in a set of nested folders that are created when you create the project. You have control over where the project's root folder is created, but you can't control which subfolders are created or where the source and target files are stored within that project folder tree. Unlike WFP3, in which all files pertaining to a translation could be stored in a single folder.

I am user of earlier version But WF 4 is very useful for Hindi. When I create local TM and add remote TM it not works and shows not writable TM found.

And What is the method to re-open a unfinished job as I can't browse any file.

Sorry for my broken English, will you help please.

[Edited at 2015-11-17 19:37 GMT]

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:08
Member (2006)
French to English
Default file paths and project clean-up Nov 23, 2015

Samuel Murray wrote:
Unfortunately WFP4 is project-based, which means that all translatable files must be part of a "project" and reside in a set of nested folders that are created when you create the project. You have control over where the project's root folder is created, but you can't control which subfolders are created or where the source and target files are stored within that project folder tree. Unlike WFP3, in which all files pertaining to a translation could be stored in a single folder.

The developers are working on some improvements related to default file paths and the ability to change default file paths in the settings.

If you use the Clean-Up icon at the Project level, you can specify where to save target files.

Best,

John

pep
pep
English to Spanish
How to change status of an unedited fuzzy segment to modified in WFP4? Nov 23, 2015

Wordfast Pro 4 considers unedited leveraged fuzzy matches as confirmed (Wordfast Pro 3 does the same).

Normally fuzzy matches are modified because they are rarely the right translation.

However, occasionally there is no need to change the target text, for example, if the change to the source text is to fix a typo in the previous version of the document that was not applicable to the translation in the target text.

If a fuzzy match is not edited, it will no
... See more
Wordfast Pro 4 considers unedited leveraged fuzzy matches as confirmed (Wordfast Pro 3 does the same).

Normally fuzzy matches are modified because they are rarely the right translation.

However, occasionally there is no need to change the target text, for example, if the change to the source text is to fix a typo in the previous version of the document that was not applicable to the translation in the target text.

If a fuzzy match is not edited, it will not be uploaded to the primary TM even if you commit it. This has two side effects:

a) The segment will always be a fuzzy match in every future update of the same file, because it will never make it to the TM.

b) Xbench will consider the unedited leveraged fuzzy match as untranslated (Note: as of now, to load a TXLF file with Xbench you need at least development build 1331, which needs to be requested to ApSIC: http://www.xbench.net/index.php/contact-us)

The trick in WFP3 was to add and delete a space to make the segments modified.

However, in WFP4 you need to add the space more slowly because if you remove the space too fast, the segment will remain unmodified (both in WFP 4.5.0 and WFP 4.5.1).

Is there any other trick (more reliable and straightforward than adding and removing a space) in WPF4 to force the status of a fuzzy segment to modified?
Collapse

John Di Rico
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Two solutions Nov 24, 2015

Is there any other trick (more reliable and straightforward than adding and removing a space) in WPF4 to force the status of a fuzzy segment to modified?

Yes, in the preferences, see screenshot here: http://screencast.com/t/kGeo9sFA

You can activate the same option in WFP3.

I also recommend checking your Transcheck preferences and enabling Unedited Fuzzy check: http://screencast.com/t/xwHpOlSZ

This could lead to false positives but could help you identify if you mistakingly committed an unedited fuzzy with the "Write unedited fuzzy to TM" option enabled.

Best,

John

Marc Rizkallah
Marc Rizkallah  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
TXLF -> TXML loses the status! Feb 19, 2016

Hi John, looks like you're quite the expert here.

I work with MemoQ, which works with WF3 TXMLs (not WF4 TXLFs).
However, luckily, WF3 can open TXLFs and immediately creates a TXML which can then be worked with in MemoQ. When I'm done, I open the exported TXML in WF3 and "Save Translated File" and voilà -> I have my target WF4 TXLF.

The problem now is that I have a bunch of fuzzies with various per
... See more
Hi John, looks like you're quite the expert here.

I work with MemoQ, which works with WF3 TXMLs (not WF4 TXLFs).
However, luckily, WF3 can open TXLFs and immediately creates a TXML which can then be worked with in MemoQ. When I'm done, I open the exported TXML in WF3 and "Save Translated File" and voilà -> I have my target WF4 TXLF.

The problem now is that I have a bunch of fuzzies with various percentages and I'd like to see them in the WF3 -- but when WF3 creates the TXML, the status of the TXLF seems to be lost and all segment statuses are set to N/A.

Am I making sense? Is there an easy solution?

Thanks,
Marc
Collapse

John Di Rico
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Use only one tool? Feb 23, 2016

Am I making sense? Is there an easy solution?

Abandon MemoQ and only use Wordfast

Honestly, I don't know. This sounds very complicated what you are doing. It might be best to contact tech support at wordfast.net

Sorry!
John

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro from 3 to 4

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »