Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: At what time of day do you prefer to receive a new job?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Empty post
Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:47
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
No preference because... May 30, 2014

Any time of the day is fine with me.

[Edited at 2014-05-30 12:31 GMT]

vixen
vixen  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 02:47
English to Dutch
+ ...
Other May 30, 2014

The deadline is more important than the time at which I receive a new job request. What I dislike is PMs that send out a job right before going home, expecting me to deliver early the next working day, especially if the PM/client is in a different time zone and is asleep when I start work. Fortunately, that does not happen often.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 01:47
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Morning or toward the end of my "office hours" May 30, 2014

I do prefer to receive jobs at a time when I have time to go through the file and discuss the deadline during my normal business hours.
More importantly, I absolutely loathe receiving jobs from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. that require an immediate answer, when frequently the frenzied project manager will call while I'm out running and or preparing dinner. One or two agencies seem to have huge problem with me not being fully available to give a definite answer immediately.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: At what time of day do you prefer to receive a new job?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »