Off topic: Literature for Polish-English translation
Autor de la hebra: MaggieLitwinska
MaggieLitwinska
MaggieLitwinska
polaco al inglés
Aug 1, 2012

Hi,

I am currently writing a dissertation on translation in the tourism industry (Polish-English brochures); however, I am struggling to find any literature on the subject with this particular language pair, apart from 'Successful Polish-English Translation.Tricks of the trade' by Korzeniowska and Kuhiwczak. Does anyone have any suggestions on the matter, or perhaps has any materials which they want to sell?

Thanks in advance!

Magdalena Szewciów
Magdalena Szewciów  Identity Verified
Polonia
Local time: 15:49
inglés al polaco
+ ...
.. Aug 1, 2012

How about this:
http://ksiegarnia.pwn.pl/produkt/4096/difficult-words-in-polishenglish-translation.html

MaggieLitwinska
MaggieLitwinska
polaco al inglés
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
Thanks! Aug 1, 2012

Thanks Magdalena, that may be of some help! What I was also looking for were studies or journal articles on the subject of Polish-English/ English-Polish translations in the tourism sector. For instance, analysing mistakes and mistranslations in these text types. Do you know if anything like that is available online?

thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Literature for Polish-English translation

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »