Omega T - Translation Memory & Fuzzy Match Help
Autor de la hebra: jezdrake
jezdrake
jezdrake  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
Local time: 00:27
español al inglés
Apr 1

Hello there - recently come back to OmegaT (now up to version 6.0.0) having not used anything for years. I have a very dense academic paper to translate and I thought to save a bit of time, I would use the first half of the document (done without CAT) as a Translation memory. I have used LF-Align, gone through the segments (all good), dropped the resultant .tmx file into the Auto TM folder........and I have no idea what I am looking at! I am seeing some items of source language from the translat... See more
Hello there - recently come back to OmegaT (now up to version 6.0.0) having not used anything for years. I have a very dense academic paper to translate and I thought to save a bit of time, I would use the first half of the document (done without CAT) as a Translation memory. I have used LF-Align, gone through the segments (all good), dropped the resultant .tmx file into the Auto TM folder........and I have no idea what I am looking at! I am seeing some items of source language from the translation memory segments highlighted in blue, followed by my translation of those segments PLUS the file address. What have I done wrong? Grateful for a steer on where I can find info on the correct way to use an extensive translation memory to. TIACollapse

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 19:27
ruso al inglés
+ ...
OmegaT aligner Apr 1

You could try OmegaT's own aligner -- Tools>align files
All these aligners seem to take a lot of segment adjustment. You could also ask your question at the OmegaT site on Sourceforge.

Este foro no tiene moderador específicamente asignado.
Para denunciar violaciones a las reglas del sitio u obtener ayuda, póngase en contacto con el personal del sitio »

Omega T - Translation Memory & Fuzzy Match Help

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »