Pieter_H
Pieter_H  Identity Verified
Noruega
Local time: 14:30
noruego al neerlandés
+ ...
Feb 22, 2007

Hei!

Jeg har medlt denne hendelse også på "Money matters" og staben på Proz.
Det er kanskje litt viktg å distribuere meldingen her også?

Yesterday I received an e-mail from an organisation posing to be PayPal asking me to confirm my account by connecting to a link which was mentioned in the e-mail.
The reason for this confirmation was said to be repeated unsuccessful attempts to enter my account.

The e-mail was addressed to one account whic
... See more
Hei!

Jeg har medlt denne hendelse også på "Money matters" og staben på Proz.
Det er kanskje litt viktg å distribuere meldingen her også?

Yesterday I received an e-mail from an organisation posing to be PayPal asking me to confirm my account by connecting to a link which was mentioned in the e-mail.
The reason for this confirmation was said to be repeated unsuccessful attempts to enter my account.

The e-mail was addressed to one account which I usually do not use, and not in connection with PayPal, anyway. This I found suspicious and checked with the real PayPal-organisation. They confirmed that no such message was sent.

It therefore seems obvious that this is an attempt to crack PayPal-accounts. The only place where this particular e-mail address and my PayPal account can be connected to each other is on Proz.com.

I will therefore warn everybody to be careful when you receive such an e-mail. It looked rather trustworthy, cause the PayPal-logo was used and addressed to " Dear valued customer".
Collapse

Este foro no tiene moderador específicamente asignado.
Para denunciar violaciones a las reglas del sitio u obtener ayuda, póngase en contacto con el personal del sitio »

PayPal - fraude attempt?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »