Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Países Bajos
Local time: 16:45
Miembro 2006
inglés al afrikaans
+ ...
Feb 24, 2016

Hello everyone

Does anyone know if it is possible to disable WYSIWIG in MemSource?

Thanks
Samuel

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:45
finlandés al francés
Probably not Feb 24, 2016

I don’t think it is possible.

As a workaround, you can import the offending document in another tool, export it as XLIFF (or any other bilingual format supported by Memsource) and you should have all the lovely tags you’re currently missing, instead of the repulsive WYSIWIG you apparently dislike

Or (if you don’t need or want to translate in Memsource) you open your MXLIFF in another tool that suppo
... See more
I don’t think it is possible.

As a workaround, you can import the offending document in another tool, export it as XLIFF (or any other bilingual format supported by Memsource) and you should have all the lovely tags you’re currently missing, instead of the repulsive WYSIWIG you apparently dislike

Or (if you don’t need or want to translate in Memsource) you open your MXLIFF in another tool that supports XLIFF, and you should again find lovely tags instead of WYSIWIG.
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Países Bajos
Miembro 2006
inglés al afrikaans
+ ...
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
Oh, wait, there appears to be an upload option... Feb 24, 2016

Dominique Pivard wrote:
....and you should have all the lovely tags you’re currently missing, instead of the repulsive WYSIWIG you apparently dislike

I see there is an option "Upload bilinqual (sic) file", but it doesn't say what format the bilingual file should be in. I can download in MXLIFF, DOCX and TMX. What format can I upload in? And... does this mean what I hope it means, i.e. that I can translate the MXLIFF file offline and upload it and then my translation will automagically appear in the cells, without me having to do additional gymnastics?

2GT
2GT  Identity Verified
Italia
inglés al italiano
+ ...
Memsource support forum Feb 25, 2016

Samuel Murray:
What format can I upload in? And... does this mean what I hope it means, i.e. that I can translate the MXLIFF file offline and upload it and then my translation will automagically appear in the cells, without me having to do additional gymnastics?

You can try to clarify your doubts in Memsource Support Forum:
http://support.memsource.com/

They usually respond very quickly.

Cheers
Gianni

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Federación Rusa
Local time: 17:45
inglés al ruso
Yes you can upload after translating with 3rd party tool Feb 25, 2016

Samuel Murray wrote:
does this mean ... that I can translate the MXLIFF file offline and upload it and then my translation will automagically appear in the cells?

However avoid merging/splitting segments (unless extremely needed) and be ready to deal with tags as plain text after importing to your tool.
My tool allows me to convert such tags into normal/native tags and then safely export them back to Memsource, but I am not sure about yours.

Also remember that bilingual docx from Memsource is split in 1000-segment sections within a file.
(Just in case you need to select all column for any reason.)

[Edited at 2016-02-25 06:20 GMT]

Este foro no tiene moderador específicamente asignado.
Para denunciar violaciones a las reglas del sitio u obtener ayuda, póngase en contacto con el personal del sitio »

Switch off WYSIWIG in MemSource?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »