Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Since 1999, I have been working as a linguist and communication expert, with a specialization in Portuguese and English. Prior to that, I worked in advertising, brand management and publishing for a number of major international and Brazilian companies.
I continue to maintain an active programmer of professional development and hold a wide-range of professional qualifications. I have developed a strong reputation with clients for my reliability and consistently high standards.
BA Public Relations - Fundação Cásper Líbero
Diploma in Translation - Institute of Linguists
Diploma in Public Services Interpreting - Institute of Linguists
MA Interpreting - London Metropolitan University
MA Intercultural Communication for Business and Professions - Birkbeck, University of London
Translation, Editing and Proofreading
Court and Police Interpreting
DTP with InDesign, Quark, Adobe Creative Cloud Applications
Anglo-Brazilian Society (Full Member)
Brazilian Chamber of Commerce in Great Britain (Full Member)
Institute of Translation and Interpreting (Full Member)
• I translate from English and Spanish into Portuguese, and from Portuguese into English. Whether your document is a single-page certificate or a 300-page report, I offer the highest quality of professionalism. As a member of the ITI, my service includes legally certified translations in the UK.
• The writing styles with which I have particularly extensive experience include journalistic material, corporate communications and business reports, websites, marketing and market research, books and legal documentation.
• My subject-matter expertise includes: the environment; business, including HSE, compliance documents, codes of conduct, human resources and online training tools; general finance; advertising; politics; computer games; education; tourism and travel; the sugar industry and cattle farming, amongst others.
• I am a qualified interpreter, with considerable experience in consecutive, legal and simultaneous/conference interpreting. I am a full member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI).
• My experience in this area is broad-ranging, covering instances from providing interpretation for professional sports people (including footballers Cristiano Ronaldo, Eduardo, Denilson and Robinho) to senior members of government (including ministers from Brazil and Mozambique). I have also interpreted in a large number of conferences, business meetings, high-profile negotiations and training.
• I have worked in conferences about the following topics: Ethanol and Sugar, European Works Council, Church of England, Automotive, Mobile Phones, among others)
• My regular clients include: The Brazilian Embassy in London, International Sugar Organisation, The Church of England, Save the Children UK and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office
• For 4 years, I worked as a freelance editor for the corporate magazine HSBC Premier (Brazilian edition), published quarterly by CONDÉ NAST LTD. My role included sub-editing, writing and commissioning stories.
• As a member of copywriting teams with clients in the UK and the US, I have written, edited and transcreated copy for adverts, brochures and campaign materials for Sony Bravia, Land Rover, Disney, Dell Computers, GlaxoSmithKline, HSBC and other brands.
OTHER SERVICES I PROVIDE ARE: CULTURAL BRIEFINGS, CONTENT CREATION, SEO/BLOG WRITING, CHECK MY PROFILE ON WWW.CHOBANIAN.CO.UK
Palabras clave: remote simultaneous interpreting, Brazilian Portuguese certified translator, Brazillian Portuguese conference interpreter, Portuguese conference interpreter in London, SEO in Brazilian Portuguese, Brazilian Copywriter, Brazilian voice-over, Portuguese Medical Translator, Brazilian Business Interpreter