Andrea Re
Andrea Re  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
Local time: 10:15
inglés al italiano
+ ...
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
I am not totally inept...... Jul 12, 2005

....OK, I have found out what to do (whether it is worth the hassle, I will leave the reader to decide).

After asking the Italian Forum of TB and getting pretty much nowhere, I found the answer I was looking for in the american version.

To make a long story short(-er), what I had to do was to create the following file (User_name and XXX depend on the user and the computer used)

C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\XXX.de
... See more
....OK, I have found out what to do (whether it is worth the hassle, I will leave the reader to decide).

After asking the Italian Forum of TB and getting pretty much nowhere, I found the answer I was looking for in the american version.

To make a long story short(-er), what I had to do was to create the following file (User_name and XXX depend on the user and the computer used)

C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\XXX.default\chrome\userChrome.css
(it reads css, with no space.... I can't get rid of it, but let's not get into this....)

and add the following lines

#attachmentView {
height: 120px !important;
overflow: scroll !important;
border-top: 2px solid !important; }

Now it works a treat: I have a not-so-wee (adjustable) window with a scroll bar at the bottom of it which is big enough for me to read a good deal about the e-mails within the digest I receive every day (without having to read the whole lot). Since the window for the attachments is now bigger than the one in Outlook, I feel much happier (but there again I do lead a SAD life:).

My problem must originate from the version of TB that I downloaded (1.0.4 I believe)

For those who are interested, a couple of links:

http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/ (in English)
http://www.mozillaitalia.org/thunderbird/ (in Italian)

I wish to thank Giovanni Guarnieri and Jeremy Smith for the assistance they have given me.

Andrea (not totally inept:))

[Edited at 2005-07-12 10:02]

[Edited at 2005-07-12 10:02]
Collapse

Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mozilla thunderbird

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »