Discussion for ProZ.com's 2011 freelance translator virtual conference session (2011): Event SPONSOR Presentation - How to increase translation capacity and keep shorter delivery deadlines using the unique solutions of memoQ
Kimberlee Thorne
Kimberlee Thorne
Stati Uniti
Local time: 02:22
Membro (2005)
Da Spagnolo a Inglese
+ ...
What are the main benefits of memoQ? Sep 30, 2011

Pretty general question, but an important one, since I've recently bought the software, but haven't even begun using it in any way.

Vladyslav Golovaty
Vladyslav Golovaty  Identity Verified
Ucraina
Local time: 11:22
Membro (2010)
Da Inglese a Ucraino
+ ...
automated translation providers in memoQ Sep 30, 2011

are there any in memoQ? which particular? Google? Language Weaver?

István Lengyel
István Lengyel
Ungheria
Local time: 10:22
Da Inglese a Ungherese
+ ...
Answers Sep 30, 2011

Kimberlee, I think the main benefit for a translator is LiveDocs and LiveAlign, on-the-fly alignment. Of course things like global find/replace, subsegment leveraging (automated concordance), quality assurance, term extraction, etc. also help a lot, as a translator I find that LiveAlign is the most important productivity feature other tools don't really offer.

Vladys, memoQ has support for Google, and we are currently adding support for Asia Online, iTranslate4.eu and Systran. These
... See more
Kimberlee, I think the main benefit for a translator is LiveDocs and LiveAlign, on-the-fly alignment. Of course things like global find/replace, subsegment leveraging (automated concordance), quality assurance, term extraction, etc. also help a lot, as a translator I find that LiveAlign is the most important productivity feature other tools don't really offer.

Vladys, memoQ has support for Google, and we are currently adding support for Asia Online, iTranslate4.eu and Systran. These will come before the end of the year. PangeaMT is also soon to come.

István
Collapse

Nils Lahrmann
Nils Lahrmann  Identity Verified
Germania
Local time: 10:22
Da Francese a Tedesco
+ ...
Great news, Lexicon Oct 5, 2011

Hi István

Hey this is really great news!
What I still miss, however, is a kind of a DéjàVu Lexicon and better maintenance and merging possibilities for TMs and TBs.

Best regards,

Nils Lahrmann
www.nl-translations.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatore(i) di questo Forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discussion for ProZ.com's 2011 freelance translator virtual conference session (2011): Event SPONSOR Presentation - How to increase translation capacity and keep shorter delivery deadlines using the unique solutions of memoQ

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »