Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2]
Poll: How often do you respond to requests for translation marked as "Urgent"?
Autor de la hebra: ProZ.com Staff
Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
Francia
Local time: 00:52
francés al inglés
I put them at the bottom of the pile Mar 29, 2019

Everyone says their text is urgent. If they can't be bothered to give me an exact deadline, it goes to the bottom of the pile. I told a client this (while working at the agency, the boss must have been on holiday ) and he blew up. I then calmly explained that everyone said their job was urgent, and telling me the deadline is yesterday just doesn't help. Tell me when you need it for and I'll tell you if I can do that.
They
... See more
Everyone says their text is urgent. If they can't be bothered to give me an exact deadline, it goes to the bottom of the pile. I told a client this (while working at the agency, the boss must have been on holiday ) and he blew up. I then calmly explained that everyone said their job was urgent, and telling me the deadline is yesterday just doesn't help. Tell me when you need it for and I'll tell you if I can do that.
They calmed down once I explained how much I could get through in a day and saw that I could deliver quickly.
Collapse

Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) de este foro
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How often do you respond to requests for translation marked as "Urgent"?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »