Sybille Brückner  Identity Verified
Německo
Local time: 17:55
Člen (2003)
angličtina -> němčina
+ ...
Jan 19, 2005

or a website address.
I am not quite sure but I think I could copy a website address into the box, where I wrote my question (and explanation, so that answerers could refer to it.
But is it also possible with a file (including a photo). And how should I do that?

Thanks in advance

Sybille

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Česká republika
Local time: 17:55
angličtina -> čeština
+ ...
Any URL Jan 19, 2005

You can paste any URL ("website address") in your question. It can be an address of a webpage, picture or any other file available online. (That's important - available online; you cannot paste an address of a file that is located only in your computer.)

This is an example of a picture:
http://www.proz.com/profile_resources/034670_r4196626e56a3e.jpg

Fuad Yahya
Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
arabština
+ ...
Place the file online first Jan 19, 2005

Hynek Palatin wrote:

You cannot paste an address of a file that is located only in your computer.)

Hynek is right. Before you can place a link in your question (or answer) to a file, you need to place the file online, such as on your personal website. The file would then acquire a URL of its own, subidiary to the website's URL.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In a Kudoz question: How to paste a document's name for reference

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »