Autor de la hebra: PatriziaM.
PatriziaM.
PatriziaM.  Identity Verified
Italia
Local time: 03:48
inglés al italiano
+ ...
Jun 19, 2013

I have to translate .msg files, Outlook opens them, but DVX2 can't import them.
What should I do to translate them with DVX2?

TIA!

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Alemania
alemán al inglés
+ ...
HTML or Word Jun 20, 2013

With Outlook you can save them in htm/html format, or you can copy/paste the translatable content to Word, then process them in DVX2
It is highly unusual to have to translate a number of .msg files lock stock and barrel (including the message headers etc?). Sometimes I get e-mails in which clients ask me to translate a certain section of the content. I always copy/paste this content to Word and deliver it as a Word file, and they have always been happy with this.

[Edited at 2013-06-
... See more
With Outlook you can save them in htm/html format, or you can copy/paste the translatable content to Word, then process them in DVX2
It is highly unusual to have to translate a number of .msg files lock stock and barrel (including the message headers etc?). Sometimes I get e-mails in which clients ask me to translate a certain section of the content. I always copy/paste this content to Word and deliver it as a Word file, and they have always been happy with this.

[Edited at 2013-06-20 07:04 GMT]
Collapse

PatriziaM.
PatriziaM.  Identity Verified
Italia
inglés al italiano
+ ...
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
I have to deliver in .msg format Jun 20, 2013

Unfortunately I have to deliver the translation in .msg format.
If I save in htm/html format and I do translation, then is it possible to save again in .msg format with Outlook?

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Alemania
alemán al inglés
+ ...
Yes Jun 20, 2013

Yes, although you may need to drag them from the directory to the Outlook window, but then you can save them individually.

Javier Fain
Javier Fain
Argentina
Local time: 22:48
español al inglés
+ ...
.MSG conversion Aug 27, 2015

Victor Dewsbery wrote:

Yes, although you may need to drag them from the directory to the Outlook window, but then you can save them individually.

Victor, could you please explain how would you save the .HTML translated file again into .MSG?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) de este foro
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating .msg files with DVX2?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »