Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:09
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Jan 20, 2006

Is there any automated possibility to check the formatting codes (as my customer called them) - which I mean should be TAGs?

We have translated a document and send it to the customer, who told me now to verify those codes and I would appreciate, if it goes automatically. I do not have a full version of Transit.

MTIA
Regards
Jerzy

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
There's a menu command for that Jan 20, 2006

Jerzy, try Options / Check formatting codes / Start checking.

It must be done for each individual file, and you must be aware that not all warnings actually indicate actual problems: I have experienced Transit warning about unusual formatting that is already present in the source file, e.g. only opening format tags (bold, italic), which are closed in the next segment (where Transit then warns again. Also, it doesn't like some characte
... See more
Jerzy, try Options / Check formatting codes / Start checking.

It must be done for each individual file, and you must be aware that not all warnings actually indicate actual problems: I have experienced Transit warning about unusual formatting that is already present in the source file, e.g. only opening format tags (bold, italic), which are closed in the next segment (where Transit then warns again. Also, it doesn't like some characters such as straight quotation marks (") and a few others.

In sum, it seems to me that Transit does not check that the translation has the same tags as the source document (like e.g. DVX would do); instead, it checks whether the tags in the translation are "well-formed" by Transit's own criteria.

Endre
Collapse

Bob Kerns (X)
Bob Kerns (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Extras / Formatierungscodes prüfen Jan 20, 2006

The function is available in the Extras menu. In my German user interface it's called "Formatierungscodes prüfen".

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 20, 2006

It was to obviuos and easy, as usual

I would say I´m the case for RTFM now

Have a great weekend
Jerzy

Andrej
Andrej  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:09
Member (2005)
German to Russian
+ ...
Go to the menu Jan 22, 2006

Options/Check Formatting Codes/Settings first. Check there "Leading blanks", "Trailing blanks", "Numbers", "From cursor position" and then click the Start button.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Checking formatting codes in Transit Satellite PE

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »