Rate based on CAT tools. What is it?
Thread poster: TNT TRANSLATION
TNT TRANSLATION
TNT TRANSLATION  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:08
English to Korean
Apr 18, 2005

I got the email from a potential client (agency) asking "Please send your rates based on CAT tools." I use TRADOS and have charging "per source word".

Could you guys please explain, "rate based on CAT tools" with specific examples?

Thanks

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 20:08
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Discount rates Apr 18, 2005

I think they mean discount rates depending on the percentage of exact/fuzzy matches. Like %20 for 100% matches, %50 for fuzzy matches between 75-99%, etc.

T n T Kim wrote:
I got the email from a potential client (agency) asking "Please send your rates based on CAT tools." I use TRADOS and have charging "per source word".

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:08
German to Spanish
Take a look at Apr 18, 2005

Catcount: www.catcount.com

There you have all you need for that

Rgds

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rate based on CAT tools. What is it?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »