Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch
Peter Leeflang
Peter Leeflang  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:50
Member (2014)
French to English
+ ...
Beyond all legalities, it is a learning experience to next time ask questions Sep 15, 2014

Beyond all legalities, this seems like a learning experience to, before accepting a job, ask questions with customers about all their procedures, especially the payment procedure, which is critical for all as it can be very burdensome and even too costly for translators.

I made a check list of what to ask and what to watch out for in contracts and procedures, so I do not forget anything before accepting a job.

That way one avoids unpleasant surprises later on for onese
... See more
Beyond all legalities, this seems like a learning experience to, before accepting a job, ask questions with customers about all their procedures, especially the payment procedure, which is critical for all as it can be very burdensome and even too costly for translators.

I made a check list of what to ask and what to watch out for in contracts and procedures, so I do not forget anything before accepting a job.

That way one avoids unpleasant surprises later on for oneself and communication and expectations with customers are also managed much better.

[Edited at 2014-09-15 07:55 GMT]
Collapse

Peter Leeflang
Peter Leeflang  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:50
Member (2014)
French to English
+ ...
Beyond all legalities, it is a learning experience to next time ask questions Sep 15, 2014

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Outsourcer brings up new conditions

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »