Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >
Announcing invoicing tool updates: Payment reminders, custom formatting, purchase order number, more
Thread poster: l Gaston l
Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
No purchase order tool available Oct 19, 2011

conniejimenez wrote:

I am new at translating and the invoicing tool sounds great. I had been looking at other invoice tools through other programs, so I find this tool to be very useful. Is there also a tool for Purchase Orders? I don't see one anywhere.
Thanks,
Connie

Unfortunately, no tool for purchase orders is available at ProZ.com. However, it sounds like a good idea to be evaluated. Thank you too, Connie!

Lucia

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Suggestion acknowledged Oct 19, 2011

Manako Ihaya wrote:

I really love your invoicing system and don't know how I managed before it!

But one wish I have is to make it possible to incorporate accounts payable even if they did not invoice me using the Proz.com system. This would really make the Proz.com invoicing system more complete, and help me keep track of paying my subcontractors on time, too! Please consider this feature. Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback, Manako! Your suggestion has also been added to the list of ideas to be evaluated for possible future implementation.

Regards,

Lucia

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:24
Dutch to English
Include words and hours in reports Oct 31, 2011

One enhancement I'd like to see is the ability to track total word and hour volumes in reports. Also would like to use a separate e-mail address for sending invoices than that in my profile.

ta,

Olly

Halli Kristjansson
Halli Kristjansson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:24
English to Icelandic
+ ...
Change name of the invoice file Nov 8, 2011

Hi
How do I change the name of my invoices?

At one point I added the title Paypal to the name of the template w paypal instructions (or so I thought) and it came out as "Invoice_Paypal" [inv. no] since then I have made other templates w different names but these templates have the same name "Invoice_Paypal"

How do I change this?
halli

[Edited at 2011-11-08 02:07 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-11-08 02:08 GMT]

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:24
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Please submit a support request Nov 8, 2011

Hello Halli,

I have checked your invoice templates and couldn't find an invoice titled "Invoice_Paypal". Could you please submit a support request and supply a screenshot indicating where you see those words? It will help me look into this. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Oliver Pekelharing
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Sent date for browsing invoices Nov 16, 2011

In addition to my earlier suggestions (the ability to track total word and hour volumes in reports and the use of an alternative e-mail address for professional activities such as jobs and invoicing), I would also like to be able to see which invoices I have actually sent on the dashboard.

This is the right forum for posting these suggestions, right?

Regards,

Olly

Kornelia Longoria
Kornelia Longoria  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:24
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
Copying an invoice Nov 22, 2011

First I would like to thank you for this invoicing tool. It has made my life so much more organized than it was before. I love the interactive feature, the e-mail reminders and the ease of use.
The tool generally offers everything I need right now, but I would love to see an added function of copying an older invoice to create a new one. One of my clients requires consolidated invoice once a month and they are quite particular on what they want listed on the invoice : PO number, task num
... See more
First I would like to thank you for this invoicing tool. It has made my life so much more organized than it was before. I love the interactive feature, the e-mail reminders and the ease of use.
The tool generally offers everything I need right now, but I would love to see an added function of copying an older invoice to create a new one. One of my clients requires consolidated invoice once a month and they are quite particular on what they want listed on the invoice : PO number, task number, builling period and so forth.
I would like to be able to copy an invoice from a previous month and just change some information on it without having to do a lot of redundant input.
Collapse

Oliver Pekelharing
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Copying an invoice Nov 22, 2011

@ Kornelia: You can. Simply select the invoice and under "More options..." select duplicate.

Regards,

olly

Kornelia Longoria
Kornelia Longoria  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:24
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
Thank you! Nov 22, 2011

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

@ Kornelia: You can. Simply select the invoice and under "More options..." select duplicate.

Regards,

olly

Thank you, Olly. That helps!

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
System not working Nov 30, 2011

Could it be that it's the last day of the month? I can send some invoices, but others will not be sent out. Could you please check if it's a system error. I'm currently at a stable Internet access.

Update: If I update the page when it hangs this does the trick some times. Is the mail server overloaded?

[Edited at 2011-11-30 13:46 GMT]

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Checking internally with developers Dec 1, 2011

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad wrote:

Could it be that it's the last day of the month? I can send some invoices, but others will not be sent out. Could you please check if it's a system error. I'm currently at a stable Internet access.

Update: If I update the page when it hangs this does the trick some times. Is the mail server overloaded?

[Edited at 2011-11-30 13:46 GMT]

Thanks for reporting this, Ivan.

Let me check internally with site developers and get back to you.

I appreciate your patience.

Kind regards,

Lucia

Giselle Unti
Giselle Unti  Identity Verified
Member (2009)
French to Portuguese
+ ...
new invoice Dec 17, 2011

Je suis bien desolée de la nouvelle facture sur proz. Il n'y figure plus la date de paiement ni les observations concernant les moyens de paiement. En plus, le layout est bien laid. En bas, c'est marqué CAE, j'ignore absolument ce que cela veut dire.
J'imerais que je puisse continuer avec l'ancienne facture ou une nouvelle facture qui s'égale.

Merci de votre réponse.

Cordialement,

Giselle

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:24
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Please submit a support request Dec 19, 2011

Dear Giselle,

Could you please submit a support request about this issue? That will allow us to reply with information and links that should not be shared on a public forum. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Juho Karhu
Juho Karhu  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:24
English to Finnish
+ ...
Why no "Payment received" field etc in CSV file? Dec 30, 2011

The invoicing feature seemed very useful and I have been using it extensively after I discovered the "export to CSV" option, which I thought would allow me to do nearly all of my bookkeeping semi-automatically and with relative ease.

When I have received payments from clients I have updated the invoices using the "Record payment" feature, but today to my horror I noticed that the exported CSV file does not include this field, which is something that I did not expect at all.
<
... See more
The invoicing feature seemed very useful and I have been using it extensively after I discovered the "export to CSV" option, which I thought would allow me to do nearly all of my bookkeeping semi-automatically and with relative ease.

When I have received payments from clients I have updated the invoices using the "Record payment" feature, but today to my horror I noticed that the exported CSV file does not include this field, which is something that I did not expect at all.

Would it please be possible to add the relevant fields (Date payment received, Payment method, Description, Amount) to the CSV file? This would allow us to use the CSV file as basis for our bookkeeping. Otherwise I will have to go through all of the invoices in the web interface once more to find out the details
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing invoicing tool updates: Payment reminders, custom formatting, purchase order number, more

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »