Spanish to English
Mar 29, 2006

I'm having massive e mail problems, as follows:

webmail:

Neomail - all emails apparently deleted, cant attach
Horde - could attach for a while but now cant. Some emails deleted
Squirrel - cant attach

not receiving mail (or at least seeing it) from any of them
cant delete (horde for example say "disk quota exceeded when trying to delete)
yahoo etc

yahoo - cant attach
hotmail (recently opened) cant attach
gmail
... See more
I'm having massive e mail problems, as follows:

webmail:

Neomail - all emails apparently deleted, cant attach
Horde - could attach for a while but now cant. Some emails deleted
Squirrel - cant attach

not receiving mail (or at least seeing it) from any of them
cant delete (horde for example say "disk quota exceeded when trying to delete)
yahoo etc

yahoo - cant attach
hotmail (recently opened) cant attach
gmail - cant open page (permanently "Loading")

yahoo and hotmail problems (and webmail) persist on other computers. Gmail OK

I'm nowhere near capacity on any of them

Any suggestions, its pretty critical!

Thanks
Collapse

tlmurray (X)
tlmurray (X)
Local time: 10:22
English
Some of these are server problems Mar 29, 2006

I am very confused. Some of your descriptions sound like you're the administrator for a number of mail servers.

> Neomail - all emails apparently deleted, cant attach
> Horde - could attach for a while but now cant. Some emails deleted
> Squirrel - cant attach

Deleted e-mails from a web server is either user error or at an error on the server end.

> not receiving mail (or at least seeing it) from any of them
> cant delete (horde for examp
... See more
I am very confused. Some of your descriptions sound like you're the administrator for a number of mail servers.

> Neomail - all emails apparently deleted, cant attach
> Horde - could attach for a while but now cant. Some emails deleted
> Squirrel - cant attach

Deleted e-mails from a web server is either user error or at an error on the server end.

> not receiving mail (or at least seeing it) from any of them
> cant delete (horde for example say "disk quota exceeded when trying to delete)
> yahoo etc
> yahoo - cant attach
> hotmail (recently opened) cant attach
> gmail - cant open page (permanently "Loading")

If you can't see e-mails via a browser, that's not a problem on your end. Unless ... hmm, I suppsoe bad cookies or cache can do this. Try deleting all cookies and clear all cache. For Horde not being able to delete, try emptying the trash manually before doing anything else.

>yahoo and hotmail problems (and webmail) persist on other computers. Gmail OK
> I'm nowhere near capacity on any of them

I have no idea why other computers would do this. Even if you were infected with some virus, this is not viral behavior.
Collapse

William Pairman
William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:22
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
timurray >>> Mar 29, 2006

[quote]tlmurray wrote:

Haha, no I'm certainly no administrator

I tend to use the webmail via my proz hosting (hence the neomail, horde etc stuff) as well as the yahoo etc I had beforehand

This might be relevant - we changed ISP a month or so ago, supposedly to a more reliable one (Telefonica, the ex "State company" in Spain), these problems seem to have arisen since then

I'll try cache clearing etc tho

Thanks for your help!

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
Why not forward your mail? Mar 29, 2006

Hi Will,
You can forward any mail sent to your ProZ host address to another e-mail address so you don’t have to use any of those e-mail progs.
Might simplify things for you.
Jo

William Pairman
Spain
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Jo > Mar 29, 2006

You can forward any mail sent to your ProZ host address to another e-mail address so you don’t have to use any of those e-mail progs.

Problem here is that the yahoo/hotmail progs dont allow me to attach files, and I cant even enter gmail

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:22
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Check the Horde spam folder Mar 29, 2006

I review it every three days, and I delete over 200 spam files. The first time I had troubles receiving and sending emails, I found out that the Horde spam folder had reached its full capacity.

Regards

Clarisa

Anjo Sterringa
Anjo Sterringa  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Also problems in Spain Mar 29, 2006

Hi I thought about switching to Telefonica, but I'm having my doubts now....
I work with Wanadoo (I am based in Asturias) and have erratic e-mail behaviour in Outlook with Wanadoo - long delays especially sending e-mails. They often bounce, and even if they reach their destination I am still getting an error message. Receiving seems to be OK, although with a slight delay.
I have gmail and Yahoo (mail plus) accounts as a back up - I tend to use gmail now as it is reliable and quick. O
... See more
Hi I thought about switching to Telefonica, but I'm having my doubts now....
I work with Wanadoo (I am based in Asturias) and have erratic e-mail behaviour in Outlook with Wanadoo - long delays especially sending e-mails. They often bounce, and even if they reach their destination I am still getting an error message. Receiving seems to be OK, although with a slight delay.
I have gmail and Yahoo (mail plus) accounts as a back up - I tend to use gmail now as it is reliable and quick. Only a very few/short times/persiod it's not available. I was using Yahoo's beta version, until it packed up, I could not open emails anymore. I am now using the old version and it's mainly inaccessible today, so are the Yahoo groups.
I also have to type an 'anti spam' character string every single time I'm sending a message through Yahoo - for over a week now. I tried to get through to their customer service but all I got was an automatic reply, asking me to send another email if the problem persisted (which I did) and then nothing of course, except for an online survey if I was happy with their solution. Yeah...

If you need to send files and that is impossible you could try sending an email without attachment, and sending the attachment by a service such as yousendit.com.

Let's hope it's a temporary glitch, good luck!
Collapse

William Pairman
Spain
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Clarisa >>> Mar 30, 2006

[quote]Clarisa Moraña wrote:

I review it every three days, and I delete over 200 spam files. The first time I had troubles receiving and sending emails, I found out that the Horde spam folder had reached its full capacity.

Thats just the problem Clarisa, I CANT delete anything

William Pairman
Spain
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem half solved - thanks Mar 31, 2006

Managed to sort out the webmail side of things - it was the fault of the spam clogging things up, but the problem was I couldnt delete it.

Managed to sort it by configuring Outlook (which I'd always swerved for some reason, theres still something about it I dont like) which "exported" all the inbox there, thus freeing space in neomail/horde/squirrel, thus allowing me to clear out all the rubbish

The yahoo/gmail etc problem is an ISP thing, next step is trying to get the
... See more
Managed to sort out the webmail side of things - it was the fault of the spam clogging things up, but the problem was I couldnt delete it.

Managed to sort it by configuring Outlook (which I'd always swerved for some reason, theres still something about it I dont like) which "exported" all the inbox there, thus freeing space in neomail/horde/squirrel, thus allowing me to clear out all the rubbish

The yahoo/gmail etc problem is an ISP thing, next step is trying to get them to sort out the problem, or even recognise there is one - the last time we phoned them they said we needed to update Java, nothing else was up, we were doing something wrong

Most expensive internet and phones in Europe with the most formal complaints about the "service" "provided"(
Collapse

Sybille Brückner
Sybille Brückner  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
www.dropload.com Mar 31, 2006

You could use www.dropload.com able to sent large attachments of different file formats.

Sybille

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Massive email problems

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »