Laura Gómez
Spanyolország
Local time: 07:38
Tag (2007 óta)
angol - spanyol
+ ...
Apr 8, 2012

Hi all!
I have quite a lot of csv files which I need to open in Xbench in order to check them. Could anyone tell me how to do it?
I cannot make it work

Thank you so much in advance!

pep
pep
angol - spanyol
Save your .csv file as tab-delimited txt file Apr 9, 2012

You can try these steps to make the file tab-delimited:

1. Open the csv file in Excel.
2. Make sure that source text is in column A and target text in column B
3. In Excel, choose File->Save As and choose Text (tab-delimited) the out put format. This should generate a file with .txt extension.
4. In ApSIC Xbench, choose File->Properties, click Add and choose Tab-delimited as the file format.
5. If you need to QA this file, you need to to check the "Ongoing T
... See more
You can try these steps to make the file tab-delimited:

1. Open the csv file in Excel.
2. Make sure that source text is in column A and target text in column B
3. In Excel, choose File->Save As and choose Text (tab-delimited) the out put format. This should generate a file with .txt extension.
4. In ApSIC Xbench, choose File->Properties, click Add and choose Tab-delimited as the file format.
5. If you need to QA this file, you need to to check the "Ongoing Translation" check box during import.
Collapse

Laura Gómez
Laura Gómez
Spanyolország
Tag (2007 óta)
angol - spanyol
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Thanks a lot! Apr 9, 2012

Dear Pep,

I finally took one by one the files and copied the source and target columns in a txt and saved them all (which took me quite a lot because there were quite a lot of files), but your option seems easier. I will give it a try as well!

Thank you so much

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening csv files in Xbench

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »