Right to left text alignment in Trados 2017
Thread poster: M. Irshad (Master of Science)
M. Irshad (Master of Science)
M. Irshad (Master of Science)
Germany
Local time: 21:56
Member (2016)
English to Urdu
+ ...
Jan 6, 2017

Hello every one,
I am using Trados 2017, for the language English to Arabic characters. I want to align my text in target language from right to left. I was search these right to left and left to right icon but i dit't find that. any help please.

Abid Riaz
Abid Riaz  Identity Verified
Pakistan
Local time: 21:56
Member (2016)
Pashto (Pushto) to English
+ ...
Right to left hack Feb 24, 2017

I struggled with this myself but finally found a solution. However, I do not know how to make right-to-left the default so every time you go to new segment, it'd enable you to write to right to left. But I am sure there must be a way to do this. I will add to my answer if I found it. So here is how you can do this for a single segment.

1: Go to home and find the music sign with a small left pointing arrow. It's the same as in Ms Word. It's tedious to have to click to change text di
... See more
I struggled with this myself but finally found a solution. However, I do not know how to make right-to-left the default so every time you go to new segment, it'd enable you to write to right to left. But I am sure there must be a way to do this. I will add to my answer if I found it. So here is how you can do this for a single segment.

1: Go to home and find the music sign with a small left pointing arrow. It's the same as in Ms Word. It's tedious to have to click to change text direction.
2: Go to File > Option > Keyboard Shortcuts > Right to left. Click in clickable space in front column and create a shortcut. For example, my shortcut is Ctrl + Right Arrow.

Hope that helps.

[Edited at 2017-02-24 18:10 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Right to left text alignment in Trados 2017

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »