Can't Import Terms to Termbase- SDL Multiterm 2011 (not sure version)
Thread poster: AlisaBrazil
AlisaBrazil
AlisaBrazil
Brazil
Portuguese to English
Sep 30, 2014

I am trying to create new termbases for Trados and am getting stuck at the final bend....
I successfully converted the excel glossaries for import, then created a new termbase in Multiterm. Up until this step, it´s fine, but once I try to import the terms, I get stuck because Multiterm will not give me the import option.
I clicked on "catalog" and the right side of the screen shows me the termbase and all the data on it. The left-side of the screen shows nothing. When I go to th
... See more
I am trying to create new termbases for Trados and am getting stuck at the final bend....
I successfully converted the excel glossaries for import, then created a new termbase in Multiterm. Up until this step, it´s fine, but once I try to import the terms, I get stuck because Multiterm will not give me the import option.
I clicked on "catalog" and the right side of the screen shows me the termbase and all the data on it. The left-side of the screen shows nothing. When I go to the toolbar obove and try to go to "process" from there, it doesn't allow me to click on it- all the options under Import are gray.
I have deleted everything and started everything from scratch several times. I have followed tutorials to recreate the files in different ways to no avail. I am on the verge of taking the file home to translate on my Mac with WordPro because it´s so much easier and faster to do EVERYTHING. But at work, I have to use Trados and Windows
Any help on what I can do to get the termbase to import the terms would be much appreciated.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:28
English
The easiest way... Oct 2, 2014

... is to use the Glossary Converter. I think that today, the time spent trying to explain how to use MultiTerm to carry out these tasks is better spent using the tools available as part of the SDL Language Platform.

So go to the OpenExchange and download the Glossary Converter. The conversion is then just a drag and drop. For sprea
... See more
... is to use the Glossary Converter. I think that today, the time spent trying to explain how to use MultiTerm to carry out these tasks is better spent using the tools available as part of the SDL Language Platform.

So go to the OpenExchange and download the Glossary Converter. The conversion is then just a drag and drop. For spreadsheet conversion this is by far the most economic and practical way to create a termbase.

Studio 2014 goes even further through the use of another plugin called the Glossary Plugin. But you'll find the Glossary Converter will do what you need without any difficulties at all.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

AlisaBrazil
AlisaBrazil
Brazil
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you- will try it Oct 2, 2014

Thank you, Paul. I will give it a try and let you know!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't Import Terms to Termbase- SDL Multiterm 2011 (not sure version)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »