Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:15
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 1, 2014

Hello, colleagues.

I have enabled English, Spanish, Italian and French in my SDL Trados 2011. Today, one of my EN-ES clients sent me a German file to be translated into Spanish, a very similar text to one I've translated before. They want the project in TRados, but I never installed German before.

Is it possible to remove , for instance, French or Italian, and add German? How can I do it? I didn't manage to find a solution.

Thank you in advance.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:15
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Uninstall and install Sep 1, 2014

Unfortunately you can't just add a 5th language.

You'll have to uninstall Studio and reinstall it. That's the only way you can get to the language-selection wizard (unless you want to use the hack suggested in this thread: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/148435-how_to_change_default_5_languages.html )

You don
... See more
Unfortunately you can't just add a 5th language.

You'll have to uninstall Studio and reinstall it. That's the only way you can get to the language-selection wizard (unless you want to use the hack suggested in this thread: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/148435-how_to_change_default_5_languages.html )

You don't have to return your license or anything, so it's quite a quick process.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2011 languages

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »