Reference file in Trados 2014
Thread poster: Ahmad Salah
Ahmad Salah
Ahmad Salah
Egypt
Apr 18, 2014

I use recently trados 2014 and I have a question:
I have added a reference file to a project, but I have now idea to use it ?
Can I search for term in it like Translation memory ? if not, how can make use of it ?
Thanks in advance,
Ahmad

julienwp (X)
julienwp (X)
France
Local time: 07:03
English to French
Just for refrerence Apr 19, 2014

Hello Ahmad,

A reference file can be added to a project so that you don't have to search your hard drive. It can be a source PDF showing the exact original layout.
Just double click on your reference file and it will open in the default viewer.

Regards

Julien

Ana Sofia Correia
Ana Sofia Correia  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:03
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
Impossible to search? Feb 11, 2015

Hi,

Just to make sure I understand this correctly... We can add reference files to a project but we can't actually use them?

What is the point of adding the files to a project if we can only manage them in order to have them in the project folder? We should be able to use these files for actual reference purposes, there are other tools that allow doing this...

Thank you!

Best regards,

Ana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reference file in Trados 2014

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »