Aneta Aleksandra Dutton
Aneta Aleksandra Dutton
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:52
English to Polish
+ ...
Dec 8, 2013

Hi,

Massive issue with MultiTerm 2014. I installed Trados 2014, no problem , it is working perfectly fine. But MultiTerm is another story, I installed it, apparently set up was successful, I now have an icon on the desktop but seem to be unable to get it running. It just wouldn't start up. I uninstalled all the Java instances on my computer. Didn't work. I then uninstalled the MultiTerm, run registry cleaner, updated the computer, installed MultiTerm again... didn't work either, e
... See more
Hi,

Massive issue with MultiTerm 2014. I installed Trados 2014, no problem , it is working perfectly fine. But MultiTerm is another story, I installed it, apparently set up was successful, I now have an icon on the desktop but seem to be unable to get it running. It just wouldn't start up. I uninstalled all the Java instances on my computer. Didn't work. I then uninstalled the MultiTerm, run registry cleaner, updated the computer, installed MultiTerm again... didn't work either, even in the safe mode. Next I uninstalled Canon printer software, as it supposed to cause some incompatibility issue too. Still nothing.

Any suggestion on how to solve this problem would be much appreciated.

Alex
Collapse

Mark MacDermot
Mark MacDermot  Identity Verified
Chinese to English
+ ...
same or similar problem Dec 9, 2013

I have problem very like this. I have new Studio Desktop 2014, and new Multiterm Desktop 2014, running on Windows 7. Studio works OK, but when I open Multiterm it goes through all the motions of loading, and then closes itself instantly. I tried moving to an earlier version of Java and Multiterm stayed open but asked me to update my Java. I removed Java completely and it stayed open, but I dare say would not have worked.

sam@fr-uk
sam@fr-uk
United Kingdom
French to English
Ditto... Dec 23, 2013

Hi,

Has anyone managed to resolve this problem?

I upgraded from Studio 2009 to 2014 last night and am experiencing exactly the same issue as optophon. Multiterm appears to install successfully on Windows 7, but none of its components will start up.

I've tried jigging around with earlier Java versions and reinstalling/repairing Multiterm, but to no avail.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Sam

sam@fr-uk
sam@fr-uk
United Kingdom
French to English
Potential solution (if you have Canon printer software installed) Jan 6, 2014

My Multiterm 2014 issues were resolved swiftly after I contacted SDL Support.

If you have Canon printer software installed on your PC, Multiterm will be installed incorrectly (due to a registration key error caused by Canon's software).

Just follow the simple steps outlined in this SDL knowledge base article: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:3884
... See more
My Multiterm 2014 issues were resolved swiftly after I contacted SDL Support.

If you have Canon printer software installed on your PC, Multiterm will be installed incorrectly (due to a registration key error caused by Canon's software).

Just follow the simple steps outlined in this SDL knowledge base article: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:3884

I hope this works for you too!
Collapse

Markus Hoedl
Markus Hoedl  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:52
English to German
+ ...
For me it worked fine! Feb 5, 2014

Hi Sam,

For me it worked fine, thanxalot! Although I did NOT uninstall all of Multiterm (I left 2009) as they say because it worked and I didn't want to lose ALL of it if it wouldn't have worked. Thus, I uninstalled all 2014 components, deleted the entries in the registry, re-installed Multiterm 2014 and ... it started!

Have a nice day,
Markus

sam@fr-uk
sam@fr-uk
United Kingdom
French to English
Yes, you only need to uninstall the version that isn't working Feb 5, 2014

Markus Hoedl wrote:

...I did NOT uninstall all of Multiterm (I left 2009) as they say because it worked and I didn't want to lose ALL of it if it wouldn't have worked. Thus, I uninstalled all 2014 components, deleted the entries in the registry, re-installed Multiterm 2014 and ... it started!

Markus

Hi Markus,

I'm glad to hear that worked for you too.

Yes, you're absolutely right, you only need to uninstall the MultiTerm version that isn't working - in our case, MT 2014 (the SDL knowledge base article is a bit ambiguous in that respect). I also left MT 2009 untouched, as it was working fine on my PC.

Thanks and all the best,
Sam

simon prime
simon prime  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
please more information while in regedit Feb 21, 2014

Hello,

I have also the same problem. Can someone please explain how exactly to reach these four files to delete in regedit? the SDL knowledge base article doesn't say the path to follow...

Many thanks!

Simon

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
The article says... Feb 21, 2014

... browse to these locations depending on your operating system:

32bit operating systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

64bit operating systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Once you are there you select the key you want to delete and right-click it, then select delete.

Does this help or was there something missing from the article?

Rega
... See more
... browse to these locations depending on your operating system:

32bit operating systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

64bit operating systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Once you are there you select the key you want to delete and right-click it, then select delete.

Does this help or was there something missing from the article?

Regards

Paul
Collapse

simon prime
France
English to French
+ ...
...next step Feb 21, 2014

Thank you for your answer.
I could reach the "uninstall" folder, but it has again around 25 folders inside, and I don't know how to find the good files to delete...

simon prime
France
English to French
+ ...
in REGEDIT: no other files under "uninstall" than 'default' Feb 24, 2014

Hello again,

Unfortunately, when I click on 'uninstall' folder, only the "by default" file that appears on the right side - nothing else.
I've tried to uninstall everything linked with canon on my computer, tried to re-install multiterm many times, it never works.. It always create a new Canon folder in 'program files' and put the multiterm registry files inside.
I can't find any file with the word 'canon' in the other folders under uninstall.

Any idea to
... See more
Hello again,

Unfortunately, when I click on 'uninstall' folder, only the "by default" file that appears on the right side - nothing else.
I've tried to uninstall everything linked with canon on my computer, tried to re-install multiterm many times, it never works.. It always create a new Canon folder in 'program files' and put the multiterm registry files inside.
I can't find any file with the word 'canon' in the other folders under uninstall.

Any idea to sort it out will be very welcome. Thanks!

Regards

Simon
Collapse

Diane de Cicco
Diane de Cicco
France
Member (2005)
English to French
+ ...
Resolving this problem easily Apr 26, 2014

You will notice that after installing Multiterm, a canon folder is created in the Program folder. Copy all the files inside it and transfer them to the MulTerm11 folder (SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTerm11. This happens even after unistalling the Canon printer.
Now go to Start and find the Multiterm program. Right click on it and click on properties. You will see that the path given for the multiTerm.exe file is via the canon pathway. Change the pathway to SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTerm11.
Af
... See more
You will notice that after installing Multiterm, a canon folder is created in the Program folder. Copy all the files inside it and transfer them to the MulTerm11 folder (SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTerm11. This happens even after unistalling the Canon printer.
Now go to Start and find the Multiterm program. Right click on it and click on properties. You will see that the path given for the multiTerm.exe file is via the canon pathway. Change the pathway to SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTerm11.
After checking that Multiterm opens normally, you can erase the Canon folder.
Collapse

Jose Ruivo
Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Can't find it Jul 24, 2014

Hello,

I can get up to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion" but then I can not find any "uninstall"...

The folder I have under "CurrentVersion" is just "Explorer\Browser Helper Objects"

Any sugestions, please?

Thank you,
José B. Ruivo

Giusi Tucci
Giusi Tucci  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Almost worked... May 21, 2016

Diane de Cicco wrote:

After checking that Multiterm opens normally, you can erase the Canon folder.

Hi, I tried this method because it seemed a lot easier. I managed to copy the folder in MultiTerm11 and then change the path. Now when I click on the Trados program icon it seems to begin to loading the program, but then still nothing. But it's already a step ahead, because earlier it did not even start "thinking" to load the program, so I hope it'll work if I reboot the computer...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2014 doesn't start up

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »