Thread poster: Vladimir Dubisskiy
HeikeL
HeikeL
Local time: 08:18
English to German
+ ...
Changing row size Aug 10, 2010

Hi all,

I enlarged the row size in order to view all the text of one string so the row now takes up the whole window space. Now I can't change this back, i. e. when pointing on this grey area to the left of a row the mouse pointer does not change into this double-head usually displayed if you want to change the size in tables.

Does anybody know what to do about this?

Thanks, Heike

Johnny Speiermann
Johnny Speiermann
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
Changing row height Aug 19, 2010

If you enlarged the row too much you probably can't fix it using the mouse.

Instead you can do the following:

1. Exit LocStudio.
2. Start Registry Editor (Select Start > Run > type regedit > click OK in Windows).
3. Go to the following path in Registry Editor:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > LocStudio 4.51 > DisplayColumns > Software.
4. Roll to the bottom of the list on the right.
5. Double-click RowHeight.
6. Enter the va
... See more
If you enlarged the row too much you probably can't fix it using the mouse.

Instead you can do the following:

1. Exit LocStudio.
2. Start Registry Editor (Select Start > Run > type regedit > click OK in Windows).
3. Go to the following path in Registry Editor:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > LocStudio 4.51 > DisplayColumns > Software.
4. Roll to the bottom of the list on the right.
5. Double-click RowHeight.
6. Enter the value 60.
7. Restart LocStudio, and open the Translation Table to see the resized rows.
Collapse

Tony Bennjamin
Tony Bennjamin  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 13:18
Member (2013)
Indonesian to English
+ ...
Getting the LocStudio Jan 12, 2011

Does anybody knows how to get LocStudio? I need it thank you.

Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
LocStudio and Helium localization tools Jan 12, 2011

dudeboss wrote:

Does anybody knows how to get LocStudio? I need it thank you.

May be you take the time to read the full thread?
This question has been already answered at least 3 times in this same thread.

[Edited at 2011-01-12 15:32 GMT]

Marta Chereshnovska
Marta Chereshnovska
Local time: 09:18
English to Russian
+ ...
Word count in Loc Studio Feb 7, 2011

Can anyone advise how to count words (100% Matches, Fuzzy matches, new words etc.) in Loc Studio 6.11.

Many thanks!

Maroš Karaba
Maroš Karaba  Identity Verified
Slovakia
English to Slovak
+ ...
LocStudio/Helium problem May 5, 2011

It's been a while since I used these, but I needed to have a look at some old translations in LocStudio (4.8, 6.11) and it wouldn't start at all. I get the message Error: Operation failed. And just today I found out that I can't open Helium files either. (they are not recognized i.e. they miss the red balloon icon). So I uninstalled Helium, and LocStudio, installed them again but the problem with both persists and I don't have a slightest idea why this is happening. I use Vista, Trados 2007/2009... See more
It's been a while since I used these, but I needed to have a look at some old translations in LocStudio (4.8, 6.11) and it wouldn't start at all. I get the message Error: Operation failed. And just today I found out that I can't open Helium files either. (they are not recognized i.e. they miss the red balloon icon). So I uninstalled Helium, and LocStudio, installed them again but the problem with both persists and I don't have a slightest idea why this is happening. I use Vista, Trados 2007/2009.

Could anyone please help or at least provide manuals? It's driving me nuts.
Collapse

Muhammad Ikram
Muhammad Ikram  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 11:18
English to Urdu
+ ...
How to align right to left languages in loc Studio 6.12??? Apr 12, 2012

Hello Everybody!
I need help in loc Studio 6.12. My working languages are Urdu and Punjabi, both right to left languages. The problem I am facing is that whenever I add some Brand name like Microsoft in Urdu sentence, it becomes simply disarray. I have tried my best to fix this problem but unsuccessful. I am at the edger of losing this project which is very important for a new freelancer like me. If anybody can help please tell me the solution to this problem. Is
... See more
Hello Everybody!
I need help in loc Studio 6.12. My working languages are Urdu and Punjabi, both right to left languages. The problem I am facing is that whenever I add some Brand name like Microsoft in Urdu sentence, it becomes simply disarray. I have tried my best to fix this problem but unsuccessful. I am at the edger of losing this project which is very important for a new freelancer like me. If anybody can help please tell me the solution to this problem. Is there any specific button in loc Studio 6.12 for alignment as is in MS Word or MS Excel.
Collapse

Aniza Borhan
Aniza Borhan  Identity Verified
Malaysia
Local time: 14:18
Member (2007)
English to Malay
+ ...
Changing the Environment Options in Loc Studio 6.12 Jul 6, 2012

Hi All,

I am not sure whether the the title above can be understood, but I am giving it a shot. I am now using LS 6.12. Problem is, I am trying to change the font size for the translation window, but EVERY TIME I go into Tools>>Environment>>Options>>Format... choosing one item from the drop down menu; for eg. Translation Window, the software crashes.

I have tried, uninstalling and reinstalling >> no change. I have tried changing my system locale. >> no change.
<
... See more
Hi All,

I am not sure whether the the title above can be understood, but I am giving it a shot. I am now using LS 6.12. Problem is, I am trying to change the font size for the translation window, but EVERY TIME I go into Tools>>Environment>>Options>>Format... choosing one item from the drop down menu; for eg. Translation Window, the software crashes.

I have tried, uninstalling and reinstalling >> no change. I have tried changing my system locale. >> no change.

I need to change the font size, because sometimes its easier to see the whole text in a box I can decrease the size. This is great when the text is very long.

Additionally, one should see names of font and its sizes when you choose Translation Window, but I don't even see a thing there.

If anyone knows any method of making it work, please do let me know.

TIA.

[Edited at 2012-07-06 00:56 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

LocStudio and Helium localization tools

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »