Working as a freelance translator as a student in Belarus: questions
Thread poster: EllendeVisser
EllendeVisser
EllendeVisser
Germany
Feb 26, 2018

Hello everyone,

I want to become a freelance translator besides my studies in Belarus to earn some extra money.
A German company has contacted me to translate documents for them from time to time. I already asked them these questions but they said they unfortunately couldn't give me legal advice.

I have a couple of questions:
-Do I need to register as an IP? And how does that work? Do I also need to pay taxes even as a student?
-Are there other options
... See more
Hello everyone,

I want to become a freelance translator besides my studies in Belarus to earn some extra money.
A German company has contacted me to translate documents for them from time to time. I already asked them these questions but they said they unfortunately couldn't give me legal advice.

I have a couple of questions:
-Do I need to register as an IP? And how does that work? Do I also need to pay taxes even as a student?
-Are there other options than registering as an IP? I'd rather not do that because you have to deal with a lot of tax and legal stuff I'd rather not deal with.

I would love to hear some advice from people with a similar situation!

Ellen
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Working as a freelance translator as a student in Belarus: questions

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »