Helene Olsen Richards
Helene Olsen Richards  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:26
Member (2006)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Jul 4, 2011

Hi. I have a PXF file from a customer and it will not open in Transit PE....it says its open yet there is nothing there? Any ideas? Does the free version not work anymore? Are there any subscription based platforms out there for Transit? Hope someone can help...thanks

Hazel Underwood
Hazel Underwood  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:26
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Open language pair Jul 4, 2011

Hi Helene,

If you are not familiar with Transit, you might not know that you have to go to File -> Open Language Pair to open the file for translation.

If you've used Transit before you will already know this I guess, but thought it was worth mentioning!

Kind regards,

Hazel

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 01:26
English to Turkish
+ ...
Windows minimized? Jul 4, 2011

Hazel Underwood wrote:

If you are not familiar with Transit, you might not know that you have to go to File -> Open Language Pair to open the file for translation.

If you've used Transit before you will already know this I guess, but thought it was worth mentioning!

Kind regards,

Hazel

Yes, two more clicks after opening the Project (AFAIK there is no shortcut and you cannot assign one). Another probable reason, perhaps the windows are minimized?

Selcuk

Helene Olsen Richards
Helene Olsen Richards  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:26
Member (2006)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Opening PXF project Jul 4, 2011

I go to open language pair, but there are no language pairs to view--only letters and numbers?? Seems like something is wrong with it...any ideas? Is there a trial version of Transit NXT somewhere?

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 01:26
English to Turkish
+ ...
Screenshot Jul 4, 2011

Hi Helene,

Can you add a screenshot please, letters and numbers do not make any sense to me. You can also send a copy of the project to my e-mail address, so that I can check it.

I am not sure if Transit NXT can produce TXF files or not, see http://fra.proz.com/forum/transit_support/146990-transforming_a_ppf_into_a_pxf.html
... See more
Hi Helene,

Can you add a screenshot please, letters and numbers do not make any sense to me. You can also send a copy of the project to my e-mail address, so that I can check it.

I am not sure if Transit NXT can produce TXF files or not, see http://fra.proz.com/forum/transit_support/146990-transforming_a_ppf_into_a_pxf.html

Selcuk
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project will not open in Transit Sat PE

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »