Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Италия
Local time: 16:21
английский => итальянский
+ ...
Dec 9, 2010

Hello,
I have been exploring MemoQ 4.5, using the Pro trial licence (expiring in 3 days time)
Windows 7
MS Office 2010

After succesfully using the trial licence a few weeks ago for an assignment with a similar file-type, I opened another project, but when trying to add a document (.doc word 2003 format) I got the following error message:

The required MS Office application cannot be reached. Please check your MS Office installation.

... See more
Hello,
I have been exploring MemoQ 4.5, using the Pro trial licence (expiring in 3 days time)
Windows 7
MS Office 2010

After succesfully using the trial licence a few weeks ago for an assignment with a similar file-type, I opened another project, but when trying to add a document (.doc word 2003 format) I got the following error message:

The required MS Office application cannot be reached. Please check your MS Office installation.

followed by

Creation of the target document failed.

I am not very technologically savvy, so I don't understand if the failure is due to the fact that it is a trial licence or if there might be something wrong with the interaction with MS Word.

Is there anyone online available to help me out?

Thanks in advance
D.
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Испания
Член ProZ.com c 2005
английский => испанский
+ ...
Don't you need Office 2003 installed? Dec 9, 2010

I thought that to add an Office 2003 file you need to have Office 2003 installed. I am not sure MemoQ accepts Office 2010 right now. Maybe you want to ask Kilgray at [email protected] to double-check?

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Италия
английский => итальянский
+ ...
Автор темы
trial and error method ;-) Dec 9, 2010

Thanks,
in the meantime I have opened a re-saved the original file as MS word without specifying the version (original file version 2003) checking the box to support compatibility issues, and it seems to be working. At least the document is now uploaded without any error messages.
I am in touch with memoQ support team and I'll post my results asap, hoping this might help other colleagues in the future.
Ciao
<
... See more
Thanks,
in the meantime I have opened a re-saved the original file as MS word without specifying the version (original file version 2003) checking the box to support compatibility issues, and it seems to be working. At least the document is now uploaded without any error messages.
I am in touch with memoQ support team and I'll post my results asap, hoping this might help other colleagues in the future.
Ciao

[Edited at 2010-12-09 11:51 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS Office error message when uploading document to project

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »