Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:28
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 1, 2012

I would like to have a country filter in the WWA section. Right now, in the "View WWA satistics" tab, we can filter language pairs and field of expertise but not the country of residence.

Kind regards!

[Edited at 2012-06-01 23:49 GMT]

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Why would a search by country be useful? Jun 4, 2012

Hello Yaotl,

Thanks for the suggestion! However, would you mind clarifying why exactly you would like to be able to see WWA statistics by country? This will help me assess your suggestion. Thanks!

Lucia

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:28
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Spanish variant Jun 4, 2012

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

Hello Yaotl,

Thanks for the suggestion! However, would you mind clarifying why exactly you would like to be able to see WWA statistics by country? This will help me assess your suggestion. Thanks!

Lucia

Hello Lucia,

Well, in the English-Spanish pair, for instance, we see a general table with translators from Spain, Mexico, Argentina, et al and their WWAs. This table represents the number of WWAs, but does not achieve the goal of get a fast and accurate search because as a user I have to clik on each profile to get more information about the Spanish variant for each translator/interpreter listed therein.

So, my proposal is to add a filter which may define the WWA by country. Clients searching translators/interpreters, or translators/interpreters searching other colleagues, from a given country will find us quickly and accurately. This will enhance the search process according to experience (based on WWA), and localization (the respective Spanish variant).

have a nice day!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Add option to search by country to WWA statistics page

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »