Is there a way to delete old support tickets from the list?
Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:41
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Jul 15, 2009

If not, is there a possibility of this option being provided? It would be useful to be able to click on "My support requests" and see only what is still of interest (e.g. the most recent one or most recent few, i.e. by selecting a date from which the tickets are still of interest), or to be able to individually select which ones should be deleted (in the event that it is desired to keep any older ones concerning technical issues by way of reference).

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 19:41
SITE STAFF
There is not, but a cleanup option could be provided Jul 15, 2009

Hi Astrid,

Support requests are not deleted, as they provide documentation of past problems and can be useful in resolving new issues. But an option to remove requests from your list (basically, making them invisible to you in the list) could be provided, to help you "clean up" your list if you wish. I will ask site developers to add this option.

Best regards,

Jared

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 19:41
SITE STAFF
Not exactly what you asked for, but this may be of use: search function for support requests Jul 22, 2009

Hi again Astrid,

Removing support requests from your list, on further reflection, may have in the end turned out to be problematic in some cases. A request which right now is not of interest or relevant may become so down the road (for example, if you have previously had difficulties with hosting, having those tickets on hand may be of use, at least for reference).

What has been implemented is a search function for support requests. Under My ProZ.com, "My suppor
... See more
Hi again Astrid,

Removing support requests from your list, on further reflection, may have in the end turned out to be problematic in some cases. A request which right now is not of interest or relevant may become so down the road (for example, if you have previously had difficulties with hosting, having those tickets on hand may be of use, at least for reference).

What has been implemented is a search function for support requests. Under My ProZ.com, "My support requests" you will see the option to search by category, status (open or closed), and by term or keyword. I hope this helps a bit in organizing that area and being able to find or see what you need without having to page through all past requests.

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:41
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you - that was a very good idea Jul 23, 2009

Hi Jared,

I have just had a look at it. That seems very good indeed.

Many thanks for organising it like this.

Best regards,

Astrid

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way to delete old support tickets from the list?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »