Joomla installation
Thread poster: Valery Legotin
Valery Legotin
Valery Legotin  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:40
English to Russian
+ ...
Jun 29, 2009

Has anyone installed Joomla CMS on ProZ hosting? The installation fails (report):

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/thefirst/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 102

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/thefirst/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 105

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/thefirst/public_html/libraries/joomla/
... See more
Has anyone installed Joomla CMS on ProZ hosting? The installation fails (report):

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/thefirst/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 102

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/thefirst/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 105

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/thefirst/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 682

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thefirst/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php:102) in /home/thefirst/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 423

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/thefirst/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php:102) in /home/thefirst/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 423

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thefirst/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php:102) in /home/thefirst/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 426

Thanks,
Valery
Collapse

Florence Bremond
Florence Bremond  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:40
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
Didn't work either Jun 29, 2009

I have tried as well - though not very recently, about one year ago - and it didn't work with J! 1.5 because it was waaay too large. Version 1 did work though (but it's not adviseable to try it now, for security reasons).

I have finally used Wordpress for this site, and it has worked perfectly since. It's a real CMS if you tweak it a bit, not just a blogging platform.

Drupal would probably work too, but I haven't tried yet.

Florence

ps - from y
... See more
I have tried as well - though not very recently, about one year ago - and it didn't work with J! 1.5 because it was waaay too large. Version 1 did work though (but it's not adviseable to try it now, for security reasons).

I have finally used Wordpress for this site, and it has worked perfectly since. It's a real CMS if you tweak it a bit, not just a blogging platform.

Drupal would probably work too, but I haven't tried yet.

Florence

ps - from your error messages it seems that some php functions are disabled - you could try to get in touch with the support for this, but I still doubt if the rest would work properly anyway.

[Modifié le 2009-06-29 14:54 GMT]
Collapse

Matt Petrowski
Matt Petrowski
United States
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Requires extra privileges Jun 29, 2009

Dear Valery,

Indeed, the problem you are experiencing is due to Joomla (and in cases with other CMS like WordPress or Drupal) requiring less restrictive permissions than is granted to hosting accounts by default. The following link provides good background about the issue and how it is resolved: http://drupal.org/node/54152 (the very last post in particular).

If you would like for
... See more
Dear Valery,

Indeed, the problem you are experiencing is due to Joomla (and in cases with other CMS like WordPress or Drupal) requiring less restrictive permissions than is granted to hosting accounts by default. The following link provides good background about the issue and how it is resolved: http://drupal.org/node/54152 (the very last post in particular).

If you would like for me to take these steps, and to help you get Joomla up and running, please file a support request.

I have added an FAQ entry about this issue: http://www.proz.com/faq/hosting.html#can_i_install_a_content_management_system_cms_such_as_joomla_or_wordpress_in_my_hosting_account_

Best regards,
Matt Petrowski
ProZ.com systems admin
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Joomla installation

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »