Thread poster: Gayle Wallimann
Gayle Wallimann
Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:46
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Sep 16, 2003

I couldn't find previous posts for this topic, although there must be somewhere in the forum. Sorry to repeat. I have just been forced to reformat my computer, and as I reinstall my various favorite programs, I cannot reinstall Winfax that I used to use with my old modem K US Robotics. I work with Windows 98, an ADSL connection with external SAGEM modem and a brand new three-in-one HP 2110 printer/scanner/copier. Before I reformatted, I used Winfax with my new connection and modem, although ... See more
I couldn't find previous posts for this topic, although there must be somewhere in the forum. Sorry to repeat. I have just been forced to reformat my computer, and as I reinstall my various favorite programs, I cannot reinstall Winfax that I used to use with my old modem K US Robotics. I work with Windows 98, an ADSL connection with external SAGEM modem and a brand new three-in-one HP 2110 printer/scanner/copier. Before I reformatted, I used Winfax with my new connection and modem, although the program had been installed at the time that I was using my old 56K connection. However, once I removed the old 56K modem, the program worked with my new modem very well. But now I can't reinstall the program. Does anyone have experience with another program that I could download for free, or shareware? I read the reviews for Winfax on one site and people said that it wouldn't work with ADSL. I find that hard to believe! Thank you for any suggestions. (I live in France)Collapse

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:46
Danish to English
+ ...
winfax Sep 16, 2003

I had a similar problem two years ago when upgrading and contacted the Winfax people to update the driver. To do the same might work for you.

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
"Mais votre bonheur se trouve sûrement dans une de ces rubriques:" Sep 16, 2003

Hi Gayle,

J'espère que vous trouverez votre bonheur comme dit leur slogan.

http://telecharger.01net.com/cgi-bin/Total.pl?searchstring=fax&system=windows

Aisha Rishi
Aisha Rishi
Pakistan
Local time: 23:46
English to Urdu
+ ...
check CNET, ZDNET or Tucows Sep 16, 2003

Gayle Wallimann wrote:

I couldn't find previous posts for this topic, although there must be somewhere in the forum. Sorry to repeat. I have just been forced to reformat my computer, and as I reinstall my various favorite programs, I cannot reinstall Winfax that I used to use with my old modem K US Robotics. I work with Windows 98, an ADSL connection with external SAGEM modem and a brand new three-in-one HP 2110 printer/scanner/copier. Before I reformatted, I used Winfax with my new connection and modem, although the program had been installed at the time that I was using my old 56K connection. However, once I removed the old 56K modem, the program worked with my new modem very well. But now I can't reinstall the program. Does anyone have experience with another program that I could download for free, or shareware? I read the reviews for Winfax on one site and people said that it wouldn't work with ADSL. I find that hard to believe! Thank you for any suggestions. (I live in France)

Go to one of these sites

cnet.com, zdnet.com, tucows.com

and u can search for thousnads of softwares there, and there are loads of freeware or shareware fax softwares there too.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for freeware for Fax

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »