jssnowden
jssnowden  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:38
French to English
+ ...
Dec 22, 2015

Evening all,

I've just purchased some new technology and I'm getting down with my generation. One thing that has crossed my mind is whether Proz.com will be investing in a mobile-friendly website/app any time soon to aid our translators and interpreters on the move? I'm not always at my desk/on my laptop (such as now) and it would be nice to have such a thing.

Has anyone heard any rumours or perhaps could a Mod shed some light on anything that might be in the pipeline?<
... See more
Evening all,

I've just purchased some new technology and I'm getting down with my generation. One thing that has crossed my mind is whether Proz.com will be investing in a mobile-friendly website/app any time soon to aid our translators and interpreters on the move? I'm not always at my desk/on my laptop (such as now) and it would be nice to have such a thing.

Has anyone heard any rumours or perhaps could a Mod shed some light on anything that might be in the pipeline?

Many thanks and Merry Christmas/Happy holidays to one and all!

Jonny
Collapse

Serena Basili
Serena Basili  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 13:38
English to Italian
+ ...
Great idea! Dec 23, 2015

Hi Jonny,
It would be so so useful to have a mobile app for proz, it would really make things easier!

Hopefully this would do:

Dear Santa,
we are a bunch of translators and interpreters who have behaved very very good this year, please send us this little tiny gift at last!

Your faithfully,

P.S.:
... See more
Hi Jonny,
It would be so so useful to have a mobile app for proz, it would really make things easier!

Hopefully this would do:

Dear Santa,
we are a bunch of translators and interpreters who have behaved very very good this year, please send us this little tiny gift at last!

Your faithfully,

P.S.: I still have your address, Santa, do not disappoint us lol

Wish you happy holidays!

S.

[Edited at 2015-12-23 10:20 GMT]
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Survey on a potential ProZ.com mobile version Feb 2, 2016

Hello Jonny, hello Serena,

Thanks for expressing your interest in a mobile-friendly version of ProZ.com.

A survey on a potential ProZ.com mobile version is currently running at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XF98D2K and I thought you may be interested in taking it. It shouldn't take long as it just a couple of questions long.

Thanks!

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com mobile-friendly website/app

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »