Call for testers for terminology application (FOSS)
Thread poster: Diego Beraldin
Diego Beraldin
Diego Beraldin
Local time: 10:17
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Apr 28, 2023

I know most of us are really short on free time, but I would like to ask if there is anyone willing to volunteer with helping me test a software I'm developing (in my spare time also) for terminology management. Rest assured that the amount of time required will be very low (I promise). I just need the opinion of a professional user who has years of experience with similar software and knows what the really needed requirements are. Plus, since this is a project I started less than two months ago... See more
I know most of us are really short on free time, but I would like to ask if there is anyone willing to volunteer with helping me test a software I'm developing (in my spare time also) for terminology management. Rest assured that the amount of time required will be very low (I promise). I just need the opinion of a professional user who has years of experience with similar software and knows what the really needed requirements are. Plus, since this is a project I started less than two months ago, bug reports are also welcome.

If you want to check out the repository on GitHub (and if you have a Mac I've also provided a DMG to install, still working on other platforms) or if you want to download the source code and execute if yourselves (having and IDE such as IntelliJ IDEA would be great since it integrates all the build tools needed), here is the link:
https://github.com/diegoberaldin/MetaTermKotlin

I'm still working on the documentation and unit tests.
Collapse

Diego Beraldin
Diego Beraldin
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
check out also my alignment solution May 15, 2023

Additionally, I've been working on an alignment program with a modern UI. The project is called MetaLine and the source code is available here.

If anyone is interested and wants to report bugs or suggest improvements, use the "Issues" section of the project. If anyone wants to contribute, even better, you can fork the repository and you know the stuff.

I'm planning to upload executables soon.

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
Error May 16, 2023

Hi Diego,

I tried to compile your codes using kotlinc. But since I know nothing about Kotlin, I got error messages when I attempted to build them in my Fedora Linux VM. No idea what I did wrong. This seems like a really cool project, so I am eagerly looking forward to your documentations.

Diego Beraldin
Diego Beraldin
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
compilation on Linux May 16, 2023

Mr. Satan wrote:
I tried to compile your codes using kotlinc. But since I know nothing about Kotlin, I got error messages when I attempted to build them in my Fedora Linux VM. No idea what I did wrong. This seems like a really cool project, so I am eagerly looking forward to your documentations.

I didn't specifically try on Fedora GNU/Linux but as long as you have a valid Java Development Kit (e.g. OpenJDK) you should be able to compile.
I recommend using an IDE such as IntelliJ IDEA, you can download the community edition here. After opening the project, please make sure:

• in the File > Project structure dialog, under the Project section, the JDK is configured

• in the Settings dialog, under "Build, Execution, Deployment" > "Build tools" > "Gradle" the "Gradle JVM" is set correctly to the location of your JDK

Feel free to email me on the address you can see on my GitHub profile and send me a screenshot of any errors you step into.

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
Error Log May 17, 2023

Diego Beraldin wrote:
I didn't specifically try on Fedora GNU/Linux but as long as you have a valid Java Development Kit (e.g. OpenJDK) you should be able to compile.

EDIT:
Never mind. I'll report this issue to your GitHub repo.

I recommend using an IDE such as IntelliJ IDEA

But why can't it be as simple as C? I only needed to feed the codes into gcc to compile them.

[Edited at 2023-05-18 04:17 GMT]

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
Solution May 19, 2023

Diego has provided a solution to the problem I mentioned. It turned out that I made it more complicated than it needs to be. You do require OpenJDK version 18 or above to compile it. See the link below for more details.
https://github.com/diegoberaldin/MetaTerm/issues/34

I strongly encourage people to give this a try. You can report any bugs, or suggest a feature to
... See more
Diego has provided a solution to the problem I mentioned. It turned out that I made it more complicated than it needs to be. You do require OpenJDK version 18 or above to compile it. See the link below for more details.
https://github.com/diegoberaldin/MetaTerm/issues/34

I strongly encourage people to give this a try. You can report any bugs, or suggest a feature to the issue tracker on GitHub.

[Edited at 2023-05-19 14:46 GMT]
Collapse

Diego Beraldin
Diego Beraldin
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mobile app localization application May 25, 2023

If you work in mobile app localization, maybe you are interested in this project too: MetaPhrase.
Thank you all for your collaboration.

Mr. Satan (X)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Call for testers for terminology application (FOSS)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »