Unicode and .po files
Thread poster: Russell Jones
tazosmr
tazosmr
Local time: 06:48
transalte po file correctly Mar 26, 2013

i had the following header in original, english .po file:

"Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1\n"

then i have opened that original .po file with texteditor (notepad++) and changed to the following:

"Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8\n"

also, i have added the following line below them, to tell the program, that "iso-8859-1" is the source charset :
"X-Poedit-SourceCharset: iso-8859-1\n"

... See more
i had the following header in original, english .po file:

"Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1\n"

then i have opened that original .po file with texteditor (notepad++) and changed to the following:

"Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8\n"

also, i have added the following line below them, to tell the program, that "iso-8859-1" is the source charset :
"X-Poedit-SourceCharset: iso-8859-1\n"

after that, change the file itselft into UTF-8 encoding format(no BOM): Encoding> UTF-8 (no BOM) and save.
after that, i opened it with POEDIT, and started translation with UTF8 characters and saved the new language .po file successfuly (example: de_DE).
so, now i can translate and use unicode UTF8 language characters in .po files for my wordpress plugin.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unicode and .po files

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »