Thread poster: Colin lee
Colin lee
Colin lee
Local time: 02:01
Chinese
Dec 15, 2008

Hi all,

I want you to help about pdf checking, the detail is :-

1.do you know which tool/script/(other efficient Tool) can check pdf issue ---->one word in a line or punctuation symbol appears at the head of line .

You know, if it is Desktop publishing. we should avoid one word in one line or punctuation symbol appears at the head of line for double byte languages. but i must check this by manual for every time. it is really a nightmare if pdf is
... See more
Hi all,

I want you to help about pdf checking, the detail is :-

1.do you know which tool/script/(other efficient Tool) can check pdf issue ---->one word in a line or punctuation symbol appears at the head of line .

You know, if it is Desktop publishing. we should avoid one word in one line or punctuation symbol appears at the head of line for double byte languages. but i must check this by manual for every time. it is really a nightmare if pdf is so large.

So, Do you know which tool can implement checking automatically. or please share your experience on this if you have something.

Thanks

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-12-15 07:26 GMT]
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 01:01
English to Thai
+ ...
Typesetting rules Dec 15, 2008

I can remind only of typesetting tools you use prior to creating a PDF file.
For example, MS Word, MS Publisher, Adobe InDesign, QuarkXpress, FrameMake have orphan control for paragraph settings.
Like what you say about 2-byte language (Chinese, Korean, Japanese etc.), certain characters or symbol are not permitted on the line heading, footing etc.
By this way, I can find/replace special characters in many of my PDF file lines.

Soonthon L.

Colin lee
Colin lee
Local time: 02:01
Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 15, 2008

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:

I can remind only of typesetting tools you use prior to creating a PDF file.
For example, MS Word, MS Publisher, Adobe InDesign, QuarkXpress, FrameMake have orphan control for paragraph settings.
Like what you say about 2-byte language (Chinese, Korean, Japanese etc.), certain characters or symbol are not permitted on the line heading, footing etc.
By this way, I can find/replace special characters in many of my PDF file lines.

Soonthon L.

Actually, we need do QA for the result(pdf) of Desktop publishing, and i want to quickly know if there are characters or symbol on the line heading or only one word in a line. So i want only to a tool base on pdf. not other typesetting tools.

BTW, i found the pdf support javascript develop. it seem like Office support vba creation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please share your tool or experience about pdf checking

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »